Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to install a 95 Century window lift motor?

navvets
02-19-2006, 05:34 AM
I am trying to install a driver side window lift motor, but am not sure about what I should drill, what I should brace, etc. Has anyone done this before? I need a few tips...thanks!:banghead:

xfarmer
09-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Bump - I am about to tackle the same project. If anyone has a good instruction set on this procedure, we would both be grateful.

xfarmer
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Remove the door trim panel and inner panel water deflector.

Raise the window to the full up position and tape the glass to the door frame using cloth-backed tape.

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Remove the lower sash bolts.

Punch out the center pins of the regulator rivet. Drill out rivets using 1/4 in. (6mm) drill bit.

Move regulator and motor assembly rearward, then remove the electrical connector.

With the regulator in the door, drill out the regulator-to-motor rivets using a 1/6 in. (4mm) drill bit, then remove the motor.

To install:

Install and connect the window motor.

Use 3/16 in. (5mm) rivets or 3/16 in. (5mm) nuts and bolts to install the motor to the regulator.

Connect the electrical wiring, then install the regulator and door inner panel using a 1/4 in. (6mm) rivets.

Install the lower sash bolts, tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).

Install the water deflector and remove the tape from the window.

Connect the negative battery cable, reset the clock and radio.

Hope this helps :)

Ford hater
09-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I tell youit relly sucks and i mean terribly.:iceslolan

xfarmer
09-05-2006, 04:10 AM
I tell youit relly sucks and i mean terribly.:iceslolan

Yeah it does, I just replaced one yesterday. One tip I can give you, rather than using rivets to fasten the regulator back onto the door, I used a screw and a nut. I didn't have the correct size die for large rivets that are normally used. I also used a screw and a nut to fasten the window motor to the regulator. Took me about 2 hours, the next one will take a little less time. There are cheap Chinese window motors for sale on Ebay. I am not sure of their quality, but they can't be any worse than the original equipment on these cars. Also, my '95 Century isn't too many miles away from the junkyard.
Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!