Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

odometer??

naptime
02-18-2006, 10:35 PM
so i'm expecting to be flamed here.. but google returned some results for other cars and people didn't flame them.. i'm looking to possibly disconnect my cluster or odometer or somthing on my 2003 chevy avalanche, what is the best way? i have extended warranty and i plan on keeping it.. but i need to drop the mileage, my dad will kick my ass if he sees it and/or i may trade it in for a tahoe or somthing, please help.

MT-2500
02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome on your first post to AF.
Not trying to flame you but just giving you some facts.
You can take them or leave them.
There is no way it can be done and keep it running right or stay out of jail.
Also it is illegal to fool with odometer reading.
Read your speedometer/odmeter laws. People go to jail for fooling with them or miss repenesating the actual mileage.
It all goes threw the PCM and the pcm has to have the speed sensor working to keep everything else working good.
If you are involed in a accident and they read out you black box in your computer you had better run for the hills and hide out several years untill the statue of limations runs out.
But if you have a spare or two instrument cluster you coiuld run on for a while and then run the other one for a while that way you would keep your odometer reading in half.
The might let you off with 6 mo jail time and 6 mo probation if you promoce not to do it again.
Good luck MT

Raceghost
03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
:banghead:
I must admit when i first read this I was a little disturbed...
It is this level of thinking that causes other people to worry weather or not they are bying a quality vehicle or getting something that has been frauded.
I realize this is maybe an old thread or not relativly new, but the thought is still there. This is the reason that Carfax was created. Don't do this, Don't joke about doing this, if you have issues be responsible. This decision, if made poorly will affect several people down the road when this vehicle is put back onto the market.
:banghead:
DONT DO IT.

Add your comment to this topic!