Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flashing Headlights

Teaz
02-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I have a 86 300E that keeps killing my batterys. I think it may be related to my headlights flashing on and off. When I drive it for a while the flashing will stop. Also if I don't drive the car for a while the battery will die within three days. I've replaced the alternator and I don't know where to go from here. I hope someone can help. Thanks

dave_rose69
02-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Do you have an after market alarm system installed?

illusion8260
04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I have a 86 300E that keeps killing my batterys. I think it may be related to my headlights flashing on and off. When I drive it for a while the flashing will stop. Also if I don't drive the car for a while the battery will die within three days. I've replaced the alternator and I don't know where to go from here. I hope someone can help. Thanks

Hi, I know your posting was a while back, but I have the same problem. My headlights flash on and off if you open the door, but there's no horn sounding. My first thought was that it could be an alarm. I've yet to have aproblem with it killing my battery, but I was wondering if you ever got a response to your problem, or if you ever found out what the problem was. I was given a 1988 300e as a gift. and know nothing about these cars. Thank you so much

Add your comment to this topic!