Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RB25DET high rpm sputtering....

EricR33
02-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've frequented this board, but I was hoping for a little direction. I have a '93 (ECR33) Skyline GTS-T. Yesterday I decided to install a rather large intercooler along with an RSR downpipe and a straight-pipe replacement for my cat. My car was basically stock prior to this - except for an HKS catback and HKS intake - running stock boost (0.5bar). Once we started the car up it sounded great, but once we took it out on the road we started having problems. Now, at around 5000-5500 to redline it sputters horribly. It feels to me like there isn't enough fuel or too much air - one of the two. I realize without you guys here it's difficult to troubleshoot a problem over the net. I guess what I'm really asking is are there any associated problems that can happen when putting a large intercooler on a bascially stock car? If this is the case, what is the remedy? One of my fellow club buddies suggested running higher boost would fix the 'malfunction', but I'm a bit sceptical. Once again, any insight is appreciated and thanks again for the time.

Eric.

USAF - 67th Fighter Squadron

TerminalVelocity
03-01-2006, 07:22 PM
have you changed your spark plugs?

If not, do that. make sure they are .3 of an inch, or .25

The intercooler wouldnt make you run that badly, unless you took one the size of your hood and straped it on with a mile of piping...

SkylineUSA
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Clean your MAF

Add your comment to this topic!