Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Noise From Front Left Wheel

KGaugh1805
02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I have an '05 TB and recently I am starting to experience a virbating like noise from the front left wheel area while I am driving. The noise is more noticable when you are making right turns around bends or in the state of NJ the so called jughandles. You can actually feel it a little while your sitting in the seat driving, however when you make left turns the noise is gone and you dont hear anything. I am going to try to make an appt. with the dealer this week just trying to get heads up before it goes in.

dneejj1
02-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Likely wheel bearing. I have just purchased used 2003 TB EXT and left wheel bearing had to be replaced for MTO Safety Cert. I understand this is an issue with the vehicle and GM is aware.

steveye
02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I have an 02 trailblazer doing the exact same thing, did you ever figure it out, I ahve looked it over and I can't figure it out. I changed sway bar links and no help..

KGaugh1805
02-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I took the TB into the dealership this passed Friday and explained to them how I am getting the noise from the front left. They test drove it and said yes it does sound like it is the front left but it is actually the left rear making the noise. They said the rotor was uneven and when I was making the right turns it was putting more weight to the wheel only making the sound more dominant at that point. They replaced both rear rotors and brake pads under warranty and the sound is gone.

steveye
03-13-2006, 08:32 AM
update: changed left front wheel bearing and it fixed it. Boy that wasn't pretty, $536.....

rodeo02
03-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I'd always start by getting the suspect wheel off the ground to give it a spin and shake test. Try not to let a dealer do your inital diagnosis if you can avoid it.

Joel

tom3
03-16-2006, 09:03 AM
update: changed left front wheel bearing and it fixed it. Boy that wasn't pretty, $536.....

Wow, used to be $20 worth of bearings and an hour labor, and they seldom failed at that. Times change.

rodeo02
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
No doubt about it Tom. These solid drive flange, sealed, non serviceable front hubs are pricey buggers. They should last the life of the vehicle, but of course they dont. :banghead:

Joel

Add your comment to this topic!