Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

roof rack removal

BlazinMlew
02-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done this. I am wanting to do mine but not sure how much I will have to pay the body shop to fill in the holes. Tha covering on the rack is chipping anyway and to be honest I will never use it and just like that clean look. Thank for the help

muzzy1maniac
02-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done this. I am wanting to do mine but not sure how much I will have to pay the body shop to fill in the holes. Tha covering on the rack is chipping anyway and to be honest I will never use it and just like that clean look. Thank for the help

You might be able to match the threads of the oem bolts and get some shorter ones to fill the holes. Haven't done it so I'm not sure.

OverBoardProject
02-19-2006, 12:36 AM
I don't know about your year, but the first generations have raised ribs under all the slats that would look just as ugly (If your tall enough to see the roof)

BlazinMlew
02-19-2006, 02:33 AM
I don't know about your year, but the first generations have raised ribs under all the slats that would look just as ugly (If your tall enough to see the roof)

Yeah I have those raised ribs as well but I can live with those more so than the god-awful black rack.:disappoin

gman2153
02-19-2006, 03:05 AM
Why don't you just put another coat of black paint on it?

rlith
02-19-2006, 06:18 AM
If you're gonna remove it, not only have the holes filled in, but have the roof smoothed out as well. IMO having the ribs there looks worse than no roofrack. If you want to redo the paint on the roof rack, simply give it a light wet sanding with 300 grit, then 800 grit, then use primer, then clear. I did that to mine and you can't tell it from stock.

Add your comment to this topic!