Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wanting to buy IS300, need info

2002Drew
02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Reliable? What do i need to know buying one with 50-75k miles? What are the service intervals? Any problem area on the car reliability-wise? I'm a manual transmission addict, but i love the car enough to buy a slushbox if it's all i can afford. What's the future hold for it? I'm planning on driving it at least 5 years, should i expect to put a new engine in at 100k or 120k?
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Despite my obsession with cars, and my near-fetish enjoyment of modifying them, i want this car to last a long time and run well, so I will behave myself.

P.S. Anybody make solid red brake lights? I've fallen out of love with the clear ones.

TIA

Drew

chuckler3
10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
i'm in nearly the same boat as you.. i too am looking for information on these cars. wish i could afford one with that low of mileage.. all the ones i can afford sit just over the 80k miles mark.

mprhead5
10-13-2007, 11:11 AM
when i worked for lexus the only problem i ever came across with these was that if you constantly drive them like crazy the auto tranny will start to shift hard on you. this is not covered under warrenty. thats the only issue we ever had. its a damn nice car. I have been thinking about getting one and putting a tubro it

Add your comment to this topic!