Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Police chip?yes or no?

TempzCrown
02-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I have a 1993 CVPI and i was wondering if when the cops retire a cruiser,do they take the chip out?If so,do they replace it with something else?I've been told a few different things and i wanna know for sure because if i dont have the chip,then i would like to find one because although my crown has good power,it seems like there should be more.I dunno if its because it has a highway gear or what but it should be really haulin ass and its not.Thanx

http://groups.msn.com/MyInterceptor/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=6

cobradude360
02-17-2006, 06:40 PM
there is no such thing as a cop chip and how many miles do u have because theres a few things that u can do which is not only good for it but also can give u a little more power?

cobradude360
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
wow just looked at ur pics and wow that looks bad ass i love it how dark are ur tints and what are those rims from? cuz it looks good and those stripes wow i never knew they would look good on a panther keep up the good work

ModMech
02-17-2006, 07:30 PM
No, there is no such thing as a "Police Chip, "P71 Chip", "Cop Chip", or anything else like that. It is pure balderdash.

Lonnie at ww.blueovalchips.com can set you up with a real performance chip that you can install for better performance, that IS for sure. He sells ships by "SCT", and they are THE BEST chips (tuning) you can get for a Ford product (they do not offer chips or tuning for other non-Ford family vehicles, they REALLY work hard to do the best job they can and concentrate on doing it).

TempzCrown
02-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey thanx alot,im very very proud of her,shes my world,i spent alot of time makin her look the way she does,now its time to make her haul ass.A buddy of mine just talked me into showin her at an Allford showcomin up in late march.As far as how many miles she has,i dunno cuz when i got her,the odometer was stuck on 159k so theres no telling and the tint is 5% i believe.So u say that there is no police chip???Man,im confused as hell now.I'll check out that chip site though.Any more info on performance chips is VERY welcome though guys and thanx again for the props........this is only the beginning........:bigthumb:

TempzCrown
02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
oh yea,and the rims came off a 2003 mustang cobra,Ebay rules!!!!:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!