Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

first loss first noteworthy story

gearnuts
02-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey this is my first story and I'm not sure how I'll do considering I just got beat down.

Well ok here it goes. My friend and I both like to race and just drive around. Well we are driving around all night. I want to test out my new tranny and engine. F22B DOHC non-VTEC Prelude 5spd and my friends Eagle Talon with ram-air lowered 5spd non-turbo FWD. Any ways we have been driving around all night and I'm tired of getting beaten of a roll. This is the first time ever he has beaten me so we decide to go for a race out of a dig. So we head over to out "spot" and start it out and that's when my engine shines. Well after doing that a couple times we decide it's time to start drifting in the parking lot near us. Well we get a tag-along car and it starts to follow us. We pull into a different parking lot and he's like "You wanna race?" to me but not my friend. Well the kid is driving a Sentra with SE-R emblems and I believe it said Spec-V stickers. Well we go to the two lane road that we drag at and I ask him a couple things like what he's done and everything and I quote he says, "Oh, I just have headers, and exhaust." Then I ask him if it is an SE-R and he's like "no I just slapped those on cause I had them around from my old car." Well I'm like "ok whatever I'll race but my car is having problems right now something isn't exactly right but it'll hold up I assume"<---I know very dumb to assume this kind of thing but adrenaline took a hold of me. Anyways we are sitting at the stop sign and I'm like, "You know how this works right we both honk three times and start it up." Only to find out he has no horn! So I'm thinking 'oh this is gonna be easy as pie.'<---First mistake. I honk three times only to find out I have one tire in the snow<---(yes I know definently not the safest conditions so bag all you want on it) so there goes all power but I still kept with him. By the end of the race which is just over a 1/4 I was only at the back of his passenger door. So I start thinking. What is that kids name. My friend knew his name and my other friend knew his car. He has a true SE-R with a I,H,E, and fuel management. He is putting 180 HP and I believe thats to the flywheel. My car is completely stock engine And full interior. I still have spare in there and everything. So for the most part I think I did pretty good for a newb racer. That and my car only puts out 160HP to the flywheel.

Cliffs--Race all night only to be beaten by a Sentra SE-R that lied about his car being an SE-R. In other words I failed.:banghead:

GScivic7
02-17-2006, 01:53 AM
spec v's have 175hp and 180 ft/lb torque stock plus LSD and they 6 speed
the base SE-R has 165hp and 175 ft/lb torque stock no LSD and 5 speed or automatic

I'm not too surprised you lost, but yah depending on whether it really was a spec, 2 wheels putting power to the ground>1 wheel tire fire out of the dig

gearnuts
02-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Ya I've been looking up this car cause it's really bothering me but I mean we all lose some and win some you know. But ya it was the spec-v car and with those mods he had on it wouldn't suprise me if it was putting 180HP to the wheels. I know the guy that put on the mods thats why I know what he has.

dxasaurus
02-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Ya I've been looking up this car cause it's really bothering me but I mean we all lose some and win some you know. But ya it was the spec-v car and with those mods he had on it wouldn't suprise me if it was putting 180HP to the wheels. I know the guy that put on the mods thats why I know what he has.
I'm not sure I follow, but an SER vspec won't be making 180 to the wheels with just an I/H/E. I could have read wrong, though.

GScivic7
02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
he said 180 to the flywheel. For some reason the Sentra SE-Rs have a problem with putting power down to the wheels, i've seen dynographs of a couple stock that dynoed all the way down to the low 140 range. Most seem to dyno around the mid 150s stock.

Add your comment to this topic!