Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fast & Furious 3 Tokyo drift Pics!

powerracer
02-16-2006, 05:35 AM
http://www.marax.at/funpix/fast_furious_3_tokio_drift_spyshots.htm (http://www.marax.at/funpix/fast_furious_3_tokio_drift_spyshots.htm)

Right_LiRrr
02-16-2006, 07:22 AM
http://www.marax.at/funpix/fast_furious_3_tokio_drift_spyshots.htm (http://www.marax.at/funpix/fast_furious_3_tokio_drift_spyshots.htm)

Why do all the cars have the same wing on the back:screwy:

BullDog71ss
02-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Why do all the cars have the same wing on the back:screwy:

I believe all of those wings are from APR. They do make really nice and effective C/F racing wings, but are generally massive in size.

What the F*** is this doing in the street racing section anyway?

SeaWarrior
02-16-2006, 09:18 AM
ooo shelby

-Jayson-
02-16-2006, 09:40 AM
everyone thinks The Fast and the Furiois is a good example of real life street racing. . .

CassiesMan
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Wrong section, and most of us have already seen the pics in the non specific forums, but welcome anyways.

Musashi3000GT
02-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I actually think those cars look preaty hot!
but knowing these bald eagles around here I guess I might be the only one.
oohh well!

Nice shots.

Ralliart 3000gt
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Nice Looking Cars!!!

no sign of Jojo's 3kgt though :frown:

CassiesMan
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
That Evo was in the SCC USCC. Didn't do to great, but it was more for show with some back up go mods than vice versa. I think the yellow Z is ugly, but the silver one is nice, and that Silvia looks pretty hot from behind. I still think the Stang with the RB is an awesome idea.

Morphius289
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
ricericerice

http://www.marax.at/funpix/fast_furious_3_tokio_drift_spyshots_12.jpg

That RX-7 is beautiful!

G-man422
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Those cars are AMAZING! rice or not, they cool.

alphalanos
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
huge mufflers, huge wings...bleh. i wish they would put some clean looking cars in there.

G-man422
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
^ yeah, i also wish "cleaner" cars were incorperated asswell.

Morphius289
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
lol he said ass

And stock cars in a movie about street racing? No chance in hell. If anything, I'll be this one has more chrome and neon than the first two put together, mainly because it's in Japan. And in my opinion, the RB26DETT in a mustang is just a bit too much. Just my .02

SeaWarrior
02-16-2006, 04:39 PM
yeah those cars are pretty over the top, even they were going to show "real" street racing they would show the guys that do the best with what they have, working their ass off just to get a new set of shocks or a good exhaust.... not these ricey trailer queens....they do looks stunning, but a depiction of real street racing?...no way..the F&F series can't hold a candle to the Getaway in Stockholm Series...i want to meet Mr.A and Mr. X, it would be one of the best days of my life....but i still am a fan of the series and i'm sure it'll be a decent movie...

SeaWarrior
02-16-2006, 04:45 PM
lol he said ass

And stock cars in a movie about street racing? No chance in hell. If anything, I'll be this one has more chrome and neon than the first two put together, mainly because it's in Japan. And in my opinion, the RB26DETT in a mustang is just a bit too much. Just my .02

sorry for the double post, but i agree very strongly with this guy...why on God's green earth would someone want to do that? IMO i would want to have a mustang because it graces a loud rumbling V8 and that adds to the total aura of the car....and Skylines have their owns styles, a high revving, screaming turbo I-6 and the AWD advantage....an LS1 in an RX-7 makes sense...but a RB26DET in a mustang...just seems silly...:iceslolan

G-man422
02-16-2006, 04:54 PM
can someone tell me what an RB26DET is, what it comes from, etc...?

Morphius289
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
It's RB26DETT, it's the twin turbo, Inline-Six engine from the Nissan Skyline R-34 GTR. Inside a Mustang.

TatII
02-16-2006, 05:51 PM
i remember when i first saw that stang a few months back, i remember seeing both camps saying

" damnit what a waste of a nice mustang "

and the skyline camp goes

" damnit what a waste of a RB "

and all RB26DETT's comes in all GTR's from teh R32-R34.

GForce957
02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I dont see it as a bad thing, but i would miss that muscle car noise.

TheStang00
02-16-2006, 06:36 PM
sorry for the double post, but i agree very strongly with this guy...why on God's green earth would someone want to do that? IMO i would want to have a mustang because it graces a loud rumbling V8 and that adds to the total aura of the car....and Skylines have their owns styles, a high revving, screaming turbo I-6 and the AWD advantage....an LS1 in an RX-7 makes sense...but a RB26DET in a mustang...just seems silly...:iceslolan

i agree with you.

a big thing to me is why? how much money would it cost to do that? seriously... take all that money and put it into the v8 already in there and youll be seein some rediculous power. or just buy a crate 427 from ford or roush, and youd probably have a more powerful engine anyway.

M3FordBoy
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
That explains why I saw that fart can on the back of the Mustang.:disappoin

RACER D12
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Mini Hell yes!

But really where are all the Euro cars? Its japan they love their BMWs, Porsches, and what not.

SeaWarrior
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Mini Hell yes!

But really where are all the Euro cars? Its japan they love their BMWs, Porsches, and what not.

Absolutely!! Although Euro tuning is somewhat expensive, one can't ignore they're presence in the tuning/street racing world....i would be much more intrigued by a 1000hp twin turbo M3 than a 1000hp Supra, Skyline, Corvette, Viper etc....to see a car that's usually bought by yuppie bastards that couldn't care less what the skidpad Gs are, turned into a tuning fan's wet dream is something to behold...my dream car however is a twin turbo LS1 Camaro....I have the Camaro and the LS1 part right....but the twin turbo....*sobs*....looks like i need to start hitting uncle sam up on a bonus or something...:naughty: :grinno:

CassiesMan
02-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Absolutely!! Although Euro tuning is somewhat expensive, one can't ignore they're presence in the tuning/street racing world....i would be much more intrigued by a 1000hp twin turbo M3 than a 1000hp Supra, Skyline, Corvette, Viper etc....to see a car that's usually bought by yuppie bastards that couldn't care less what the skidpad Gs are, turned into a tuning fan's wet dream is something to behold...my dream car however is a twin turbo LS1 Camaro....I have the Camaro and the LS1 part right....but the twin turbo....*sobs*....looks like i need to start hitting uncle sam up on a bonus or something...:naughty: :grinno:

You'd be better off gettign a single turbo on that M3. And getting an M3 (well, anything past the E30 M3) up to 1k whp is dangerous buisness. They make a ton of power for a small motor because of the compression ratio. You start adding the boost to get the whp up that high, and your looking at something as reliable as an 13B-REW. And I would think that when it comes to numbers of magical hair dryers, you would only stick one on the LS1?

And for future refrence, there is no fart can on the Mustang. Its a muffler that they stuck on there to look like it had a full exhaust. The exhaust dumps out somewhere short of the rear axle. Already had a huge thread about it.

-Josh-
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
You'd be better off getting a single turbo on just about anything. Nowadays twin turbo setups are pretty pointless with the advances in turbo technology. Such as electronically controlled vanes.

TerminalVelocity
02-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I think it looks pretty badass

but F&F one is one of my fav's

and out here it is like f&f all fake and stuff....just most cars are more beat...

Add your comment to this topic!