Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vibration While Accelerating

Kuhn
02-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I've got about a 3.5'' to 4'' suspension lift and I'm pretty sure the drive shaft is stock. ( I bought this used with the work already done.) I want to lift this about 2'' or 3'' more so I can fit 35s, but I want to fix some issues first that I think have to do with thte lift. There is a slight vibration/hop when accelerating and it's a little difficult to shift into 2nd and Reverse. What could fix this and prepare me for a 1'' or 2'' BL and 2'' coil spacers? I'm thinking I need to drop the transfer case, but how far? Do I need a longer driveshaft as well? I'm sure the answer is somewhere on this forum, but I can't find it exactly. So please supply a link if anybody finds something. Thanks
:cheers:

ffgoody
02-28-2006, 12:45 PM
i had vibration when accelerating in the begining of first gear with just a 2.5" shackle lift and stock 30's. usually doing anything (besides a body lift) to fit 33's is going to require a slip yoke eliminator and an upgraded cv driveshaft. these can be somewhat expensive but worth the investment, this will help cut down on wear and tear on both your tranny and diff and will alloy you to flex to your full capability. as for dropping the t case, usually this is done when working towords 38's, and after the sye and cv upgrades have already been installed

Add your comment to this topic!