Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

RB20det to RB20DETT?

TerminalVelocity
02-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I know the RB26 dosent match up like the RB25 does...but is there a way to do it?

Maby a way to mate the manifolds?

Any ideas on TTing the 20?

If not, what would be a good mild turbo to replace the stock one with? I was looking into T28's but it kinda limits my max power. But I still want a somewhat decent spool time.

CONFUSING!

rev210
02-21-2006, 03:41 AM
You want 2 turbo's on the RB20?

Firstly if it's a stock RB20, you are better off with a swap to an RB25det turbo. The twins are going add useless complexity.

If assuming you have a 'built' (read forged pistons etc..) RB20 with larger cams and so on. You could custom make some exhaust manifolds for a twin setup. Even twin factory sized GTR turbos will kill a standard RB20 with the airflow they can deliver, and the fact that you will need to rev the tits off the engine to get it into the power band.

What I am basically saying is......If you want more power throw the RB20 away and get a 'real' motor it will cost you less in the long run.

1_revin_Silvia
06-22-2006, 11:32 AM
a 2.0L engine will not benefit from a twin setup.

RB25 is a good choice because its cheap, but if you want to stand out I would stay with the RB20, its a good engine. stroke it :). RB24DET would be awesome and cheap. someone local to me is building a stroked RB24 from an RB20.

In the long run though RB25 will be cheaper for sure.

Add your comment to this topic!