Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just Wanted To Say Thanks

toyota00
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
If you want this summed up, just read the bottom paragraph. Its really a thanks to you guys, and this forum.

Its only been a week, and I have learned so so much. I am new to modeling. I have modeled before but they looked really bad, and I never wanted to scope out money to buy all the 'good' stuff. Well this week I was getting bored, and my dad was having trouble with his jetta(we are selling). Anyways I got online and looked for troubleshooting sites. It kept taking me hear and I kept finding some good stuff. Well, a few days later I joined this place.

I am in graphic design in highschool, and I saw the automotive art section. I went there and saw sketching, modeling, ect... I clicked on a few, then I clicked on modeling. I couldn't believe my eyes. I am only 16 and I don't have a ton of money because I don't work. I had some savings from christmas and other stuff. I asked questions for a week straight and now I am happy to say that I have bought all the tools and equipment that I need.

Really to some all this up, I just wanted to say thanks. You guys are really nice. I have been to other boards where I ask a question, and I get really rude answers. O-almost forgot, that logo at the top "may cause dependency" is true. I have been on these forums everyday now for at least an hour or two. Saturday night, I spent 3 hours on this site. I love it, and thanks for making it such a great atmosphere. I am proud to say, I am one more modeler out there now. I have a long road ahead, but I know it will be very fun. Thanks guys :wink:

gionc
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
You said that: the logo is right!!! You risk to spend more time on the board than on the workbench too!!! Leave immediatly: you're in time just for few hours:grinyes:. There're not modelles here: only ex-great-modellers, today's surfer.:lol: I'm jocking, sure, but there's a bit of true in that: at least it's all fun. You're welcome.

willimo
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm glad you like it here so much. Now we've got some heady expectations to fill. I hope we continue to be as inspiring and helpful to you as we are now, and I also hope you eventually get better than us at building and then teach us how to do it!

tonioseven
02-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Cool.:sunglasse

D_LaMz
02-13-2006, 11:21 PM
you're welcome

Add your comment to this topic!