locked my keys in my 90 civic hatchback

kuczwara
06-24-2002, 02:49 PM
my dad accidentally locked my keys in my 90 civic hatchback and i have no spare. does anyone know a way to break in without causing damage. i don't have the money for a locksmith.
:(

Grendel
06-24-2002, 02:55 PM
I dunno how you could break into a civic...

When we had to break into my Z, we popped the back window open, reached in, unlocked the T-Tops, pulled up the T-Top and unlocked the passenger door :P

Do you have Tripple A? They should help you out if you do...

-Grendel

Phact
06-24-2002, 03:11 PM
when i did that i just went to the doller store and abuth a slim jim and had my friend pop it open( a professional haha ) :) good luck

civic_1.6_16v
06-24-2002, 03:39 PM
This maybe an extreme solution.......but you could go to the cops
They have that kinda equipment right?
At least they do here in Holland :)

chzdhippt
06-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Break out the window and say someone vandalized it to get it replaced by insurance. :)

civic_16, Holland where?

civickiller
06-24-2002, 03:53 PM
the slim jim idea is a good idea. dont consider breaking any windows because it would cost more than a lock smith. my friends uncle locked his keys in his truck and they called one of those lock smith and it only cost him $50. and since you dad locked the key i am sure he will pay for it. you dad did it so he should fix it

kuczwara
06-24-2002, 03:56 PM
i just called my local honda dealer...he said to get him a vin# and $6 and he'll cut me a new one...i need a 2nd key anyway...

thanks for all the replies...

chris k.

civic_1.6_16v
06-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by chzdhippt
Break out the window and say someone vandalized it to get it replaced by insurance. :)

civic_16, Holland where?

Holland Europe a.k.a. The Netherlands, the Low Lands, cheese, windmills, wooden shoes, tulips..............you get the idea right ;)

ci5ic
06-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Holland Europe a.k.a. The Netherlands, the Low Lands, cheese, windmills, wooden shoes, tulips..............you get the idea right

ROFL!

FourthGenHatch
06-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by kuczwara
i just called my local honda dealer...he said to get him a vin# and $6 and he'll cut me a new one...i need a 2nd key anyway...

thanks for all the replies...

chris k.

They can do that? Damn.

But you can pop open 4gs with a slim jim, I saw a cop do it once.

branman_crx_guy
06-24-2002, 11:20 PM
This may not help you, but this is good advice for ppl with sunroofs. DONT TRY TO OPEN THE SUNROOF MANUALLY FROM THE OUTSIDE AND GET IN THAT WAY! Thats no good, I tried it once, didnt work, almost broke my sunroof, luckily didnt tho. However it is loose so when I close the doors it kinda pops out a little, no biggie, just dont try it. Oh yeah, heres a tip. Just roll down the windows, then reach ur hand in and unlock it. :D Thats all I got, so take it or leave, i dont care. :frog:

crxlvr
06-25-2002, 03:37 PM
how would he roll down the windows if the doors are locked?

most auto stores sell slim jims, and tell them to use it for your own car only when you buy it. the cheapest and easiest way to get into your car.

and $6 for a new key? you can have them made for a buck at an ace hardware.

kuczwara
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
crxlvr,

the easiest way to get into your car is with a key. slim jims take practice to learn to use and may damage your locksand/or scratch the windows.

granted, it will probably only cost a buck or two for a key from ace, however, if your keys are locked in your car, how will they get the pattern right? go to any honda dealer and give them your vin#, and you get a genuine honda replacement key guaranteed to fit. i don't think $6 will break anyones wallet.

chris k.

:smoka:

amy@af
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
calling the police works. my friend had a t-bird with the keypad on the door so she got into the bad habbit of throwing her keys under the seat and locking the door. one day we went to the beach and took her celica. her stupid ass locked us out before we even got stuff out of the trunk...and then shut the trunk when she heard me say we were locked out. stuck with nothing but ourselves in bikinis & shorts...we called the cops and they had no troubles with coming out and using the good ol' slim jim

ami

OldSchoolHatch
06-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I guess honda can make the keys with just the vin number. Ford won't though. I tried to get them to make one for an 87 tempo I'm tryin to get rid of, but they couldn't do it.

88B18aHB
06-26-2002, 01:06 AM
the best way to break into a civic with no damage all u need is a metal hanger bend one end like a hook the drivers side window as to be crack just a lil to get the hanger in an sometimes u can jimmy the window down a lil bit slide the hanger in all the way to the floor now aim for the button u pull up to pop the hacth boom crawl into threw the hacth shouldnt take more than five mins i thought of that in the rain one night locked out of the car an the house in the dark

Shadowkahn
06-26-2002, 08:43 AM
just a thought. . .considering that our cars are among the most popular to steal, perhaps we shouldn't be posting how to break into them on the internet?

QuickSilverEF9
06-26-2002, 10:22 AM
UH how could u lock the keys in your civic? Was he the passenger who somehow had your keys and then locked the passenger door when the driver door was locked and left your keys in the car..... This just isn't making sense to me......... Or was he the driver who locked the driver door then climbed out the passenger door and locked it on the inside before closing it.... No offense but congrats on locking your keys in a 4 g thats hard to do! Well except for locking them in the trunk I can imagine that.............

kuczwara
06-26-2002, 10:51 AM
hey QuickSilverEF9.

who cares how the keys got locked in the car? what the hell is a 4 g? are you saying that you cannot lock your driver's side door without a key?

by the way, i left my keys at home when my gf picked me up. i called my dad and asked him to put my keys in the car and leave the doors unlocked because my house key was on there and i didn't have means of getting in the house. my dad proceeded to do so, but locked my car door, therefore, i was stranded anyway. not that is has anything to do with a solution i was seeking.

if you need me to explain how to lock the driver's side door without a key, i'll be happy to instruct you!!!

chris k.

QuickSilverEF9
06-26-2002, 11:05 AM
LMAO.... ROFL..... I know how to lock a drivers side door, settle down.. I wasn't making fun of you or your daddy.... You can only manually lock the drivers door when it is shut... at least on my 1989 4th generation civic hatchback (is that better?) If you did not understand my last statement it was pretaining to 4g (4th generation). So stop whinning about how much it is going to cost and fix it already. There was an error and you should take any means to corrrect it!

Shadowkahn
06-26-2002, 11:07 AM
actually, if the driver's door is open you lock it by first pulling on the door handle, then working the lock. All Hondas are like that, which makes it irritating when you install power locks.

kuczwara
06-26-2002, 11:10 AM
thank you Shadowkahn,

you beat me to the explanation!

L8R

chris k.

QuickSilverEF9
06-26-2002, 11:11 AM
huh.... I had never tried that.... Thank you for the clarification

amy@af
06-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by QuickSilverEF9
huh.... I had never tried that.... Thank you for the clarification

no way? seriously? you've never tried that?

Melt
06-26-2002, 02:50 PM
my 91 civic sedan locks without pulling the handle, but whenever I drive my moms 91 accord EX, I always try to lock the door and im all WTF? and then realised that you gotta pull the handle as you hit the lock

hotasshonda
06-26-2002, 05:24 PM
The easiest way to get into a 4th Gen is by getting a ruler or slim jim...smething about a foot long and skinny... just go right above the place where u put your key in and push down... im not sure why but my boy who used to boost carsd out in cali told me that cause he has a 4 g too...just thought i would put my 2 cents in..btw it only takes about 2 secs to do...i figured out how to lock my door the first day i had it lol

Add your comment to this topic!