Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

carbon fiber decals...

jaykit21
06-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Has anyone out there ever used these carbon fiber decals from scale motorsport? I just rec'd mine in the mail. They look super realistic and are easy to use. I haven't noticed anybody using them on their models so I figured this link might be useful... Here you go.

http://www.scalemotorsport.com/cfdecals.cfm

ps- I can't wait to see what everyone does w/ these.

:coolguy:

barnabei
06-24-2002, 01:29 PM
i've been lookin around the local hobby shops but havent been able to find any decent cf decals yet, after you've applied them, let me know if those are any good and i'll go ahead and order some. thanks.
B.

jaykit21
06-24-2002, 01:33 PM
I've used them so far on a steering wheel and interior parts w/ no problems. They look awesome. Sorry, I don't have a camera so I can't show you. They're $8.00 (US) per sheet and well worth it.

MX100
06-24-2002, 01:35 PM
hey thats cool~
i think i will b using some of these decal for my S2000 project. gonna buy it @ japan or hk this summer tho think they might b cheaper there!~

newayz can u post some pics of the CF decal on ur models when u do it?
i wanna c how it will look~ thx man~ :)

edit: woops never mind abotu takin pic part ~ u must have posted that post when i was typing this =)

rcmaxx
06-24-2002, 03:31 PM
this place has them cheaper, www.modelexpress.net

mhpspeed
06-24-2002, 04:33 PM
I jsut bought a sheet of carbon fiber decal by fujimi from hlj. Im hoping to do the hood of my rsx and the spioler if i have enough.

mhpspeed
06-24-2002, 04:35 PM
i jsut bought a sheet from hlj and got make a hood for my rsx out of it and maybe do the spiler in it

xim-crow
06-25-2002, 03:45 AM
I also bought a sheet of carbon fiber for my CLK-DTM.
It is from Carpena, but I am a bit disappointed about them ! the details are too big for 1/24 !
I recently bought scalemotor sport sheet of 1/12 for my bikes and the details are almost the same size then the 1/24 Carpena sheet !
My conclusion : do not buy carpena but Scalemotorsport

Bye,
STEVE

sausage
06-25-2002, 05:40 AM
I got a 1/24 sheet by renaissance. It's nice but a bit tough.. I had to use Tameo SOF to make it stay down. I always wanted to do a carbon fiber control panel with all the switches sticking out above the carbon fiber. Has anyone done this? It'd take some really thin CF decals.

crab
06-25-2002, 08:38 AM
One of the recent Tamiya magazines teaches you how to 'paint' on CF pattern, using silver or copper as the base coat, wrapped the part in a mesh of some sort (the author used fine surgical gauze), and then spraying matt or semi-gloss black on top of everything. :p

crab
06-25-2002, 08:48 AM
One of the recent Tamiya magazines teaches you how to 'paint' on CF pattern, using silver or copper as the base coat, wrapped the part in a mesh of some sort (the author used fine surgical gauze), and then spraying matt or semi-gloss black on top of everything. :p

COZMO6476
06-25-2002, 12:56 PM
you guys might also want to check ebay once in a while. i got a set of 3 sheets from scalemotorsports decal sheets (carbon fiber, kevlar, & composite) for less than $20 US shipped. think the name of the seller was something like starhobbies. and they're from canada FYI

Add your comment to this topic!