Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Impala, CD Player Problems

blazini
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
For some reason, I tried to blow out dust using the cans, and also the CD cleaners - But it just won't play burnt CDs. It plays original CDs no problem, but once you put in a burnt CD, it will bring up the message "Check CD". I also noticed, it only plays after I load the CD cleaner and after it hits track 9, it would begin to play some burnt CDs.

What do you guys think?

phewop118
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
It must be broken - you can find one on ebay for a cheap price.

SpinnerCee
02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
If you're burning the CDs yourself, note that you can only use CD-R media and not CD-RWs, AND the CD must be single session and "finalized" or it will not be recognized by a standard audio CD player.

FYI, the CD deck will also not play MP3 CDs [CDROM/DataCD...].

blazini
02-17-2006, 01:35 PM
If you're burning the CDs yourself, note that you can only use CD-R media and not CD-RWs, AND the CD must be single session and "finalized" or it will not be recognized by a standard audio CD player.

FYI, the CD deck will also not play MP3 CDs [CDROM/DataCD...].

I know, I tried others CDs that were burnt. Still same deal, but some played just fine. If they aren't burnt, it'll play perfectly. Seems like a really sensitive laser.

Could I possibly reset the system by taking out the fuse?

bigrod118
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
it doesnt matter if they are burnt or not. what matters is if they are CD-R's or CD-RW's look at the cds, it will NOT play CD-RW's.

if it playing some and not others, its either because of the format(cd-r/cd-rw) or because of the CD not being finalized, or scratched.

if it pays some and not others the cd player is fine and doesnt need replacing.

blazini
02-18-2006, 02:52 AM
it doesnt matter if they are burnt or not. what matters is if they are CD-R's or CD-RW's look at the cds, it will NOT play CD-RW's.

if it playing some and not others, its either because of the format(cd-r/cd-rw) or because of the CD not being finalized, or scratched.

if it pays some and not others the cd player is fine and doesnt need replacing.

Of course, I know there. They're proper burns on proper CD-R's.

Add your comment to this topic!