Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S@#&, F&^%, Poop

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 07:54 AM
A guy down the road from me who owns a pretty big pond had it drainged so he could get rid of all the trash fish, skim the bottom, and fix an emergency overflow valve. Because he was building a new bottom he opened it up fo mud bogging.

Anyone who has ever walked across the bottom of a drained pond will understand.

If you didnt have 4wd and some sort of mudd tires you wernt going to make it much of anywhere. There was a sandy spot right where you could drive into it that didnt look too bad.

in my own stupidity i took my 2wd down there and started kicking donuts...about the time my ties caked is about the time is about the time i was ready to head out. The bak was faily steep and my tires where so caked i wouldnt even dig, i would just spin.

After everyone who could pull me up the hill was over trying to get this one dude out who framed his truck out on a hill (holy hell) and they went through 2 straps and a winch. He offered $300 to anyone who could get him out with a truck.

So i saif bump it and let my slef roll down and tried to get a runing start...kinda hard to get a runing start when you cant even get crawling. still just pinningi n the muck i tried shifting to 2nd, low RPM creep evrything. All this apparently was heating up my clutch and next thing i know i smell the awful smell. I was burning my clutch :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So i shut it off and put a 2x4 behhind my wheels to keep me from sliding into the deep shit.

I let my clutch cool down and finally get a guy to pull me up (big ass ford lifted at least 10" with 38.5 mug grips) and on my way home the clutch was feeling buttery, like it wasng grabbing all the way on acceleration. I havent driven it this morning or since i drove it home but i hope and pray i didnt burn it to a crisp.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

the clutch only has 38,000 on it or so. :uhoh: and i really dont feel like fucking with it so i'd have to get a mechanic to do it plus the cost of a new clutch and throw out bearing which is easily $200 and i be broke (well actually im sacing up for other stuff).

G-man422
02-12-2006, 08:27 AM
thats some crazy stuff man. hope the clutch is A-OK.

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Took it for a test drive this morning. Feels a little better. im not 100% sure but after doinf a few 20-30runs in 2nd gear (where RPM's in single didgets matched MPH in double....like 2k = 20mph) and it seems like im slipping a little bit still. and drom a dig dropping the clutch jsut let out a squeal where normally with cold tires i would sit in spin for a litttle bit.

Here are a few pics, i drove by there this morning. Yesterday there where probably 100/cars watching and probably 10-20 playing in the mud trucks out there.

I just checked the price of a new clutch. Stock replacement is 249 for the kit and just the plate is 130. they say you should always replace the throwout bearing with the clutch but with only 38k and my financial situation... i dunno. ill fill up and see if my gas mileage got worse.

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 08:56 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/CBFryman2/Picture179.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/CBFryman2/Picture178.jpg

thoes 2 where up on the hill

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/CBFryman2/Picture177.jpg

that is down in the pond

TheStang00
02-12-2006, 12:01 PM
your clutch should be fine... a little burning wont kill it. so hopefully itll work out. id replace the T/O bearing tho, thats whats probably gonna go out first when mine goes, its got 80k on it right now and still goin strong. but my T/O bearing makes a lil squeaky sound.

BullDog71ss
02-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Haha, sounds like the redneck Olympics. I love mud bogging my truck, but it does suck to have a 2x2 truck. That's the only thing about my truck I dont like.

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
in the bottom of hte picture of hte mud hole is liek soup. Botomless basically. Guy with 38.5's that pulled me out got stuck there. After a guy with a 2500 framed his truck out trying to get the one guy out that offered $300 its like they hit quixk sand or something. In the middle of the picture is where i got stuck (where its darker), its up a pretty decent hill so if you dont have 4wd you arent getting up it w/o going 20-30mph first. i couldnt get the traction to get 1mph... :(
i have a LSD but its no use if your tires get caked.

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 02:37 PM
oh , best part was, all the 'necks where out there listening to country and i had the 18 blasting away kicking donuts...if i didnt have mud flaps my truck would throw one hell of a rooster tail. next tiem i hit hte mud i may take them off for shits and giggles.

BullDog71ss
02-12-2006, 03:02 PM
So how many trucks were out there romping?

CBFryman
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
at least 100 trucks/cars where out there just watching by the time i left and probably 15-30 at any given time in the pond takeing turns doing donuts, pulling people out, hittin the deep stuff. By the time i left getting in was as hard or harder than the mud itsself because the only entryway was so torn up from broken trucks, 2wd's, or 4wd's w/o good tires makeing ruts geting out.

Add your comment to this topic!