Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell saved my life tonight

99civichic
02-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I finally found approx 30 seconds to sit down and work on a model tonight, and discovered that none of the kits I had going have any momentum left. As I sat there with my model knife in one hand, staring at a Chevelle in much need of BMF, I contemplated just selling everything - my 60+ kits, my tools, paints, just get rid of all of it. I couldn't even think of a single kit in my 60+ kits that I wanted to start, or even see finish. I'd lost my vision. <damn school, I'm in class from 8 am to 8 pm three days a week - with about 6 hours of hw assigned in each class every day >

Then I found these.

http://www.joelynch.org/kat_gt/transam.jpg

God bless you, Revell.

quadzero
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
super, cant wait to see what you have in store for us.

Whumbachumba
02-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I saw their motor city muscle line at wal-mart. Intrigued me since I haven't seen them before. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

kaho
02-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Similar thing had happened to me too - having 30+ kits unopened but none that I have an interest to start on. I had a resurrection project that involved completely stripping the paint (done using hand and brush, not dipping into brake fluid) which I lost interest in after stripping paint off its front fenders and bumper.

It felt it was such a waste buying all those kits at the first place eh?

white97ex
02-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I feel your pain Kat. I've got 2 Atomic physics assignments wiating on me. 2 Digital logistics and circuitry waiting, 3 lab write ups, and 2 Discrete mathematics assignments due on Tuesday. I don't have ANY time to work on my models. My corvette pro mod is SO close to being done. But there just isn't any time. I can't wait to get a hold of that firebird kit there. I still don't have a late model camaro in my stash. the only one I don't have at this point. I think when my income tax comes in I'll try and hunt down both of them. The Camaro and the Bird. Take care and keep your head up. don't let your studies get the best of you! I've got to complete 37 hours (not including this semester) before MAY 07 to graduate. I've been working on my Physics degree, basically since summer 1 and 2 of 01. Its time for this to be done!

hirofkd
02-12-2006, 12:54 PM
So now you have 62+ kits to put together. Still not as bad as some other modelers who owns several hundred!

Pay attention to your progress thread, and when it's pushed back to say 3rd or 4th page, it's time to work some more, so you can post some pics and get some reactions. Also, you can try speed modeling. Forget about inaccuracy of the kit (if any), and do basic out-of-the-box modeling before you run out of motivation.

Hawk312
02-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Then I found these.

http://www.joelynch.org/kat_gt/transam.jpg

God bless you, Revell.

It`s funny to hear people`s perspective on this kit. I can`t remember them being very desirable when they first came out, and the subject itself was killed because it wasn`t selling.
I love the car though. You definitely won`t mistake that car for another car when you see it coming down the road.

Ogryn
02-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Where did you find them? I heard they weren't supposed to be out till March!

99civichic
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Walmart!! The cheap place!

white97ex - There's an 02 SS Camaro in the Motor City Muscle series too, $10.97 at Walmart. Stock up!

G-man422
02-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Time to go to Wally-World!

patoffspyder
02-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Finally this kit is out! I am looking for this one for a long time, but they were pretty expensive on Ebay.

Well, I will have to wait a couple of months before it will be available in Quebec :-(

I grab the Camaro 2002 SS too, this kit looks great!

CamaroSSBoy346
02-12-2006, 07:10 PM
no way.. revell re-released their Trans Am.. please tell me its better then the 02 Camaro SS (which was junk).. I better grap a few before revell yanks them off the shelves again lol..

Does it come with the stock wheels?

And yeah, Motorworx is re-releasing some of my fav. builds of times past... 3rd Gen Camaro Z28, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.. and now this...

gasman03
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
awsome, its great to have this kit back. kit was never really popular when it was out, but it seems like in the past 3-4 years this kit has exploded in value, its great to have it back,

I'm gonna stop at Wal-Mart tommarow and see if they got any, my plan is to build the 2002 Daytona 500 Pace car. this kit was originally announced back in 2002, but was canceled do to licencing issues

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2002/01/16/034662.1-lg.jpg

white97ex
02-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I picked up one of each today! lol. For the camaro, I'm thinking arctic white with a black top for the camaro, and sunset pearl for the firebird

Purpura Delujo
02-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Mmmmmmm... Ram air....

99civichic
02-13-2006, 12:41 PM
It looks like this kit has some of the same issues the Camaro had, ie poorly fitting front bumper and hood, but I'm willing to work with it because I love this car so much. I don't know what colors I'll do...I'm almost positive one will be Millenium Yellow, only 1 was made that color and the Commemorative Ed. Yellow is so washed out and yucky looking. The other....Sunset Orange? oooh...Or Mystic Teal...I woulda bought a real one that color if I could have found one!

edit - yes, it comes with stock wheels

Jaymes
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
take pics! :) Are the stock rims the same stock rims that came in the discontinued kit, or are they bigger?

99civichic
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know if they're the same ones because I never saw the first kit, but they do look small...

D[X]P
02-13-2006, 08:34 PM
have fun with it

Add your comment to this topic!