Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 TB radio drift on 88.1

BlazeFghtr
02-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Does anybody notice their tuner doesnt hold the signal on 88.1? ive noticed if i change the frequency (like to 88.3 etc.) it strengthens again but then immediately begins to get static after a few seconds...

BlazeFghtr
02-11-2006, 11:40 PM
that should have read:

Does anybody notice their tuner doesnt hold the signal on 88.1? ive noticed if i change the frequency (like to 88.3 etc.) then go back to 88.1 it strengthens again, but then immediately begins to get static after a few seconds...

just wanted to be clear

phewop118
02-12-2006, 06:00 PM
I've noticed that overall on all fm stations it seems to fade in and out between strength and quality of the sound. On the older radio models (02, 03-04), this didn't happen, but on my 05, all stations randomly get quieter, then they will get a little louder and clearer. I think it has something to do with the mast antenna and how it moves when driving, although the older models had the same antenna, too.

balboasdelight
02-13-2006, 09:05 AM
on my 05, all stations randomly get quieter, then they will get a little louder and clearer.

This is probably obvious, but check your auto volume setting? You can select the sensitivity with which it automatically changes the volume based on ambient noise. At a HIGH setting, it may result in seemingly random changes in volume.

As for drift at any particular frequency, I would think that would be entirely location-dependent. It depends on who is broadcasting on that frequency, at what power, from where relative to your location, etc.

Add your comment to this topic!