Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

easy power?

zx2guy
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
i hear that the more power accessories you have the more drain on your motor, its charging system, and its performance. and i also hear if you use a different belt (exclude your ac compressor, and power steering) will add power. like the reverse of a supercharger> how the belt hinders even more power, the s. belt also hinders power < remove the belt more power. granted some things will have to retain its section on the s belt. but will non use damage either of these systems ( the ac and ps)

AltecZX2
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
thats called...removing the A/C and the power stearing, and it wont really do anything unless you move to a manual stearing rack, and remove all the a/c lines and compressor (weight reduction)

if you leave them there...the car will be a BITCH to stear under 15mph, and you have no A/C

pre98zetec
02-10-2006, 08:04 PM
if you want cheap power to the shift kit + pots

if you're suggesting runnina zetec w/o a belt have fun.. You will go to a nice car to a nice car with no motor in about 20 minutes

the WP is powered off the serpentine belt.

xtreme barton
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
you can check them to make sure they are not overtightened.. but i would leave them hooked up ..

and just do a couple basic mods to increase your power if thats what your looking for..

zx2guy
02-11-2006, 12:22 PM
that works too.

Add your comment to this topic!