maaco paint?

kupras
06-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Before i post my message I just want to thank you guys for providing good information. Since i have chips or paint missing on the front right side,the right rear side, and the bumper, I am thinking about getting a paint job. First..does maaco do that good of a job? would I still be able to have years of that paint last. Second is it worth the money to have the three parts painted or just to get a whole new paint job. The color is white as it is and I am planning on the same color. If anybody has any input on this could you please let me know.

luti
06-23-2002, 05:41 PM
I've no personal interaction with Maaco but I hear nothing but horror stories about them.

esp
06-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by luti
I've no personal interaction with Maaco but I hear nothing but horror stories about them.

same here all i here is bad things about maaco that there paint chips away after a year or so. if you are getting a lot painted and your car is older i would suggest getting the whole car painted because they paint will be the same color but it might not perfectly match but then again i am picky and want the whole car to match.

95civicman
06-23-2002, 10:40 PM
my mom got my car painted there while i was in cali. it's been like 6 monthes and i haven't really had any problems with it. the paint chips away pretty easy tho. i've had a penny take out a pretty good sized chip on the back bumper but that's gettin replaced soon so it's ok.

Marc-OS
06-23-2002, 10:54 PM
I've heard that if you do all the prep work yourself, you can get a half decent paint job from maaco.

swedish
06-23-2002, 11:05 PM
yeah, from what i've heard, they don't do prep work.
my dad had a van painted there a long time ago and i guess it was damn bad ("I culda done a better job with a few cans a spray paint":rolleyes: )

dudewheresmycar
06-26-2002, 03:18 AM
the problem with maaco is that they really dont give a shit they paint like 20 cars a day there (not that much but you get the idea). i would just suggest saving a little more money and getting it done right at a trusted shop.

Rapidito
06-27-2002, 11:38 AM
i have experience with them. they don't do any prep work unless u tell them to and if u do, u might as well go to any good paint shop. they just wash it and take off any stickers. no primer, no sanding, no nuthin. they dont tape the stuff up enough either. i'd see a little paint on my headlights and stuff. the paint they use isnt that good but if u have a crappy looking ride and u just want to make it look a little better, without spending a lot of $$, then its a good cheap investment. if they paint your car, have it all painted, otherwise it wont match exactly. i hade a white car and asked them to paint the fenders. i ended up with two different tones so i had them paint the whole car over again.

Rein
06-28-2002, 03:06 AM
If you live in Cali and I think there is one location in Texas, get your paintjob at 1 Day Paint and Body. Their work is superb for the money. My friend got his paintjob for $269 and it looks great. I'm getting their Plus 3 system which costs $529 and tyhey are doing a lot of bodywork/ molding of body kit. It;s gonna end up being arouns $900.

Duatone
07-03-2002, 03:15 PM
I use to work at maaco, and for all of you, your wrong. way way off on how it works there. you get what you pay for. and you pay for what you choose. theres a giant idiot board on the wall that you can pick and choose your package from.. and YES, they do prep and sand and primer and all that other good stuff. but of course, since it is a production shop, there might be some flaws, mainly overspray, but thats where the detailer comes in, so if id does have probas like that, its the detailers fault, i worked every position there. true though, most of their paint jobs dont last long, since, they are limited to a set amount of paint per car, so they have just enough paint to cover the car, 1 piss coat, and one final coat to cover, not to mention they are single stage paints, so of course it'll chip a little easier than base/clear, which they also do, but for not a very cheap price. like i said before, you get what you pay for, so dont gothere expecting to get a $3000 job for only the pocket change that you give them. But go there and look at some of their other work, it all depends on how much pride the employess take in their work.

Mugen_R
07-03-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by luti

atleast you hear stuff about maaco, I never head notting about them

Add your comment to this topic!