98 SLS 4door side mirror problem

CanukGMC
02-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone, I checked in my hayes and chiltons (thanks for nothing!) and they of course don't tell me anything about fixing my problem.

When driving, even idling, the slightest vibrations make my drivers side mirror (just the glass itself) shake\vibrate enough to distort any images. I think the mirror itself has come loose from it's mount inside the mirror housing itself but I'm not sure how to check.

I do have power mirrors. On my other vehicle with pwr\mirrors you just pull the glass out and it kind of snaps out revealing the guts behind it. Does anyone know how to remove the power mirror GLASS from the side mirror without breaking it? My hayes tells me how to remove the whole thing from the door but I just want to remove the glass so I can drop some glue in there or something to fix this vibrating problem. Thanks for any info.

rlith
02-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Problem with pulling just the glass on our mirrors is that they typically break the snaps inside. It's just easier to hit a bone yard and get another mirror for cheap.

Add your comment to this topic!