Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 96 corsica starts to jerk as soon as i go over 45

laura2006
02-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I have no clue what is wrong with my car? Anyone have any ideas on what it could possibly be????:banghead:

jsgold
02-09-2006, 09:50 PM
As a rule a jerk means that the engine is missing on occasion. Could be a bad spark plug, bad fuel, water in fuel, weak or cracked plug wire(s), really just a lot of things. This is real noticable on 4 cylinder engines, although I don't know what you have. May be time for a tuneup. If you notice your check engine light ever coming on you need to have it checked for any stored trouble codes(Advance, Autozone will do this for free) that might give you clues. I would ask how many miles are on your plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, and so forth. How many miles on car, and what engine do you have? If your car has not been tuned for a long time it can cause problems.

usadiq
03-05-2006, 06:12 PM
I hav same problem plss help me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

jsgold
03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Does your check engine light ever come on? Has it ever when doing this? If not, may just be a bad miss at high rpm. More noticable on a 4 cyl engine than a 6 cyl. However I have no idea what engine you have. If you have EVER had a check engine light come on, might need to get computer scanned for the code. What year, engine type is your Corsica???

usadiq
03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I think I found the problem, it was an engine miss as jsgold said. Whenever the problem happen the engine lite turn on. So i check it by removing each spark plug wire and starting car. All of them except the first one made the car turnoff. By removing the first cylinder spark plug and starting the car, it didnt make any difference. So I check the spark plug it was fine except it wouldnt the hell go in the spark plug hole, it was only half or 2/3 in. do you guys know how to fix it and make the spark plug go in.

Add your comment to this topic!