Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

security light is on

pookashoog
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
hello, I have a 97 lesabre. The security light located to the right of the check engine light came on and has been on for a few months now. I couldn't find a security light anywhere at all in the owners manual and was wondering what this light is telling me and how can I reset it.

Thanks Jeremy

yogi_123rd
02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I believe it is telling you that the security system on the vehicle is not operational. Check the fuses. I don't believe there is a reset switch.

buickgrl
02-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I have the same problem with my 1992 buick lesabre. the security light goes on when i try to start it but if you keep trying it should start. there are more thing that you can do to permenently fix it. tell me if you want it.
~mandi

TrueLyFE
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I have the same problem with my 1992 buick lesabre. the security light goes on when i try to start it but if you keep trying it should start. there are more thing that you can do to permenently fix it. tell me if you want it.
~mandi

There are threads (some recent) giving information on how to bypass the security system for your '92.

As for the '97, I haven't read about that one, so I don't even know how it works. Sorry.

Add your comment to this topic!