Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 S-10...bring it

86S10blown350
02-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I have a 1986 S-10, I've done a few modifications to it...

-crate 350 small block

-a set of performer edelbrock heads

-a "big" cam...not tellin

-Holley Street Intimidator intake w/ Holley 650cfm carb

-bored over to a 383ci

-and I have a 6-71 supercharger coming, well when I get the money

-I was gonna get a ramjet/ fuel injection kit but I dont know...help
me on that, should I? shouldn't I?

-so if I have anybody who thinks they have a fast truck call me up
and I'll give you a run, I mean why not

-oh by the way it's 4wheel drive

balls_to_the_wall
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
:useless:

balls_to_the_wall
02-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh and I dare you to go over to www.PerformanceTrucks.net and say that...

travis712
02-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh and I dare you to go over to www.PerformanceTrucks.net and say that...

Sweet bookmarked that link.

dmbrisket 51
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
sounds convienient i know, but when i get my licence back ill show you what fuel injection is and blow your doors off

balls_to_the_wall
02-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok, so the engine is setup to run a blower for a 6 cylinder 71 cubes per straight 6 Detroit 2cy engine, (didn't feel like just saying 6-71). So you are running low compression right now? How much boost are you going to be running? Please don't tell me thats the stock 700r4 and transfer case. You've upgraded to a 9" or 12bolt? Auto or Manual?

I want some pictures!!!!

dmbrisket 51
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
bttw, it doesnt matter, either he didnt build the moter or he doesn't know what he is talken about, a big cam... not tellen, but didnt give a name, and had a crate 350 bored to a 383, ha, hate to tell ya but your not boring 33 cubic inches out of that v8, a 383 is made one of two ways, 1 a 350 with a stroker kit, and if that was the case on this pipe dream of a truck i will take him on anyday in my firbird at that because the propor way to build 383 to todays racing or even street standards is to take a 400 small block and downsize it to a 383 with a different crank and different set of rods (not tellen lol im not sure of the exact specks on rods or cranks, but i know that is the new and improved way of maken a 383) he has a set of edle brock heads, first half smart thing ive heard yet, but if he was smart to spend the eb money, he would of gone with the dart wedge heads, if he did put the cam in it, i will bet a grand he doesn't know what it means to dial it in, he slapped it in and said, 'huh it fits, the directions dont know what their talken about, i dont need to dialit in... whatever the hell that means' and finally, for a small block to fit in a 4x4 my cousin when he smashed his (87 or 89, not sure which) long box 2wd, and then swapped it into a 4x4, he spent a good 10 hours on a boaring day customizing the oil pan to get it in by the drive shaft... and if this guy knew what he was doing he would of mentioed tranny mods, because as you said bttw, you wouldnt want a 700R4 on that beast, especally with that holly quadra junk carborator...o, and btw, something i forgot, its a shame to have the preformer intake on that truck when you have to throw it away to put that super charger on the top, that is, he probibly has to pull the moter and put dished (low compression) forged pistons, crank, and different (once again, low compression) heads on that moter... viewing all the evidence, i have to do something i have done MABY once, but i dont think ever on this board, i have to call BS on this one without some pictures, with you in the picture, and to make me happy hold up a current news papper in your left hand with a big event on it

OverBoardProject
02-09-2006, 12:04 AM
A friend of mine might still have the crank, rods and pistons for the 400 block conversion.

He decided to turn it back into a 406. He probably sold everything though.

If I don't get this job I'll be seeing him next week, and should ask him on it

dmbrisket 51
02-10-2006, 12:12 AM
cool... and what happend to our one hit, i mean, post wounder?

OverBoardProject
02-10-2006, 12:42 AM
I guess that he's not the first or last B.S. er that we've seen here.

I'll probably give my friend a call tomorrow, and see what he's done with those parts.

OverBoardProject
02-10-2006, 11:56 PM
I spoke to my friend today, and he has sold his rotating assemboly.

He did tell me the secret to making 1 though, but my lips are sealed.

It's looking like I'll be getting a 400+hp 406 from him (before the shot of NOS) for 1 of my rods, along with a re-built 5 speed.

It should be a fun combo in a car that'll only weigh about 2,500lbs

dmbrisket 51
02-11-2006, 01:22 AM
ma, keep them sealed, im not sure if ive mentioned it here or not, but every one (most people by now i think) know that i finally got my certs and i am a certified tech. and i work full time at a full service repair facility (we do mostly drivabilites) BUT what I havn't mentioned yet is I build race moters (none for me or customers, but my buddies that race) both mariene and land moters, as you my lips are sealed because, beleve it or not, even though it is public knowlage, you do not tell people openly willingly, or for free how to build the moter, then almost any back yarder could do it, its the knowlage i have that i make my ends meat on, yes, it is a sort of an art to know what will and wont, but there is a science, that you pay good money at college to learn...

Add your comment to this topic!