Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No heat??

tomogchi
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah, this is getting to be a thing that i cant live without anymore.
when i start my car up, i have to turn the heat off, leave the siwtch on high, and turn both sides of the heat up to hotclimate control, both passangers and driverside is individual). It has to be left this way for approx 20 minutes, otherwise your lucky if you have 50* (* means degrees) heat coming out. if i put it on cold oh baby the ac kicks in. But i dont need ac. i need heat, and worst comes to worse, I've got 4w-50 for a.c. lol. (when it is first turned on after the 20 minutes, you have like 75* heat for about 3 minutes, which beats the constant 50* heat....
If i leave the heat going to the defrost (front window), it allows some heat, but nothing about 50*...... I have flushed the coolent system many times, along with replacing the thermostat. the heat wont even increase if i push the gas a little bit harder. the blower itself is okay, all 4 selections work, so the switch isnt bad. the climate control works, cause cold is well, cold, and "HOT" is....well 50* is kind of hot if its 10* outside. (btw, 1991 buick regal, 3800 series one, new radiator, thermostat). I'd drive my roadmaster with the master heat if i could afford the gas right now..
Thanks,
Bill

StevePT
02-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Simply sounds to me like the flapper that controls how much heat comes into the air box from the heater core is staying closed or mostly closed.

On a 91 Regal, I would assume the air distribution and heat setting are vacuum controlled. With this being the case it's possible one of the vacuum lines is not operating the control for the flapper in the air box. If you can, look up into the dash and look towards the HVAC controls and see if you can spot the vacuum lines coming off of the heater control setting. Trace those out and check them for any leaks, loose connections or whatever else might look out of the ordinary.

tomogchi
02-08-2006, 09:37 PM
umm, by hvac controls, i assume you mean the heat settings and what not. there are no lines coming off of them. its all electrical on everything with the dash. and the flapper would be were on my car? by the blower, correct?
Thanks,
Bill

fantastic
02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm at 50* for heat as well. My regal is a 93. I can hear the vacum for the flapper and it sounds like it is woking just fine. I just had the heater core replaced as there was a hole in it. Thought that would be the end of it but I thought wrong :shakehead. It sucks as I work in a northern part of ontario which is known for cold weather. My next step is to replace the thermostat. Now, after reading your post, I might be up the creek :banghead: as it didn't work for you.

mtmaurer8ooo
02-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Do you have manual or automatic temperature control??? It sounds like ATC, but I was wondering...I might have something for ya if it is. M

fantastic
02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't understand what manual or automatic temperature control is? If you're talking about the controls on the dash then I have two controls which are manual.(dual climate, driver and pasenger)

xtreme barton
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
what about a control vavle that is activated by vacuum ? follow the lines that go to your heater core to the engine compartment. check to see if the vacuum line has a leak or is not "sucking" it open all the way.

Add your comment to this topic!