Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 106 1.1 independance, engine problems any help?

luk0zade
02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
hi

Ive got a peugeot 106 1.1 and have a few problems but dont know what is causing them can anyone help?

The first is that when idle the car flickes between 900 and 1000 revs causing a slight judering sensastion. is there anything that can be done to eliminate this? Secondly, under my oil filler cap there is a slight build up of like a white foam. Thirdly, the engine has what looks like a rubber seal arround the bottom of the rocker cover and has split at the corner.

Can any of the above be any major problems or are they a sign of worse things to come?

The car has only done 23,000 miles so im hoping it is nothing major.

any help will be apreciated

regards luke

4shworth
04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Hiya mate, in relation to your problems. Does the engine judder constantly or when it is just cold? I have a pug 106 zest 1.1 2000 and mine is the same when cold but within 5 - 10 minutes its fine. The white foam under your oil filler cap seems to me to be water in the oil... maybe caused by condensation due to the winter. Thirdly, your seal should be fine at the bottom of the rocker cover but to be on the safe side change it, it is only a half an hour job but that may well be the cause of the water getting in the engine. Let me know how you get on.

Add your comment to this topic!