Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

major car show

PaulD
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM
There is a major car and car stereo show in Louisville, Ky 25-26 Feb. I should be there 26 Feb, competing in the sound quality.

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/images/Flyers/2006MECASound-offNationalsCarlCasper.pdf

kinda pricey, but I think it will be fun

PaulD
02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
well, I will be at the show tomorrow - sunday, most of the day. If any of you make it, I will be the guy with the black Accord with Alabama tags (I know, don't laugh).

CBFryman
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Kool. Too bad that is like 12+ hrs away from me.

Jet-Lee
02-28-2006, 10:55 AM
So how'd it go?

PaulD
02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
it was a lot of fun ... kinda expensive

they had a shipload of SPL guys ....... like 250 competitors, sunday was just the top 3 qualifiers in every category for SPL. The first thing I notice at these shows is that the sound qaulity guys usually have at least a decent looking install, some of the SPL cars had to be dragged/towed in - and all but a few of them, the interiors were thrashed.

I like the MECA format, and I am gonna try and get more shops in the area to have them. The best thing about MECA is that even in sound quality, installation is a seperate event from sound scoring - so lighted fuse holders, video games, mutiple screens, etc ... do nothing for your sound score.

Add your comment to this topic!