Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which Renault 5 Turbo model has an engine

puffyrs
02-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm will be trying to covert a Modelers Renault 5 Maxi Turbo.
The model comes with out an engine.
I have found this picture in Japan of an engine.
Does anyone know which model it comes from.
Thanks

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/puffyrs/r5t-05.jpg

SeanyG
02-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I think that is from the Heller kit. very common and easy to get hold of however the moulding is very - very basic!

Sean

rallymaster
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi
this engine is from the Heller "BOBKIT" serie.
here are some:
http://search.stores.ebay.fr/bobkit_W0QQamp;sspagenameZhQ3ahQ3aadvsearchQ3aFRQQ catrefZC5QQfclZ3QQfromZR6QQfrppZ200QQfsclZ1QQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQfssZ0QQfstypeZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2Q Qga10244Z10425QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacurZ0QQsalicZQ2d15QQ saslopZ1QQsasltZ2QQsbrexpZWD1SQQsifZ1QQsofpZ4QQssP ageNameZWD1S

Phil

puffyrs
02-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi
this engine is from the Heller "BOBKIT" serie.
here are some:
http://search.stores.ebay.fr/bobkit_W0QQamp;sspagenameZhQ3ahQ3aadvsearchQ3aFRQQ catrefZC5QQfclZ3QQfromZR6QQfrppZ200QQfsclZ1QQfsooZ 1QQfsopZ1QQfssZ0QQfstypeZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2Q Qga10244Z10425QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacurZ0QQsalicZQ2d15QQ saslopZ1QQsasltZ2QQsbrexpZWD1SQQsifZ1QQsofpZ4QQssP ageNameZWD1S

Phil

Hi Phil
what about this Heller Renault.
does this have a detailed engine.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/puffyrs/ren5heller.jpg

rallymaster
02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi Phil
what about this Heller Renault.
does this have a detailed engine.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/puffyrs/ren5heller.jpg

No, this is the simple Heller kit, closed body, no details... :nono: :disappoin
only the bobkit serie offered detailing engine possibility. :rolleyes:

Phil

RallyFanatic
02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
No, this is the simple Heller kit, closed body, no details... :nono: :disappoin
only the bobkit serie offered detailing engine possibility. :rolleyes:

Phil
That is not true. I have this very same kit and it does feature an engine, opening doors, and some detail up front below (and thus an openable bonnet). Basically it's full detail.
However, like i said before, the engine is hardly a modern day mona lisa. The engine and it's bay are crude, low on detail, but at least they're there.

rallymaster
02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
That is not true. I have this very same kit and it does feature an engine, opening doors, and some detail up front below (and thus an openable bonnet). Basically it's full detail.
However, like i said before, the engine is hardly a modern day mona lisa. The engine and it's bay are crude, low on detail, but at least they're there.

??? :22yikes: not true ?!? I have this kit too and it does not have opening parts and engine detailed ! :nono:
So is anyone lying ? :screwy: :rolleyes:
if you have a opening heller, that's because it is a bobkit !! :evillol:
As I ever said it before some other countries could have had special model boxed under Heller brand, but originaly only Bobkit serie offer details and opening parts !
but if you really want to try buying a simple heller and pray for having engine part, lets' do it ! :grinyes:

Phil

RallyFanatic
02-09-2006, 11:45 AM
??? :22yikes: not true ?!? I have this kit too and it does not have opening parts and engine detailed ! :nono:
So is anyone lying ? :screwy: :rolleyes:
if you have a opening heller, that's because it is a bobkit !! :evillol:
As I ever said it before some other countries could have had special model boxed under Heller brand, but originaly only Bobkit serie offer details and opening parts !
but if you really want to try buying a simple heller and pray for having engine part, lets' do it ! :grinyes:

Phil
Strange. I have the kit as seen on your picture, bought two years ago in my LHS in Holland. I doubt that they make different versions for different countries. I see they have two different boxes, after looking on ebay. Maybe you have this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heller-1-24-Renault-5-turbo_W0QQitemZ6034697841QQcategoryZ1190QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

puffyrs
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your help.
I'm still note to sure.
The boxed model only costs. £9.50 about 12 euros.
So I think I will take a risk and buy it to see which one it is.

Thanks again for all your help.

rallymaster
02-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Strange. I have the kit as seen on the picture, bought two years ago in my LHS in Holland. I doubt that they make different versions for different countries. I see they have two different boxes, after looking on ebay. Maybe you have this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heller-1-24-Renault-5-turbo_W0QQitemZ6034697841QQcategoryZ1190QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:confused: I don't understand anything any more...:screwy: :banghead:
I have the same box than you, and I would have tought that the box you show in the link was the one with the "re-boxed" of bobkit serie... (foreign countries or not)
I have to check my informations !! I'm not crazy but...:rofl: :)
I bought my heller kit at least 5 years ago, before the re-released of the tamiya at this time...
would have Heller, at that moment, re-boxed the bobkit version for the next heller series ??
(because they did it for the 205 T16...)
in this case all my appologize I must have given a bad information... :frown: :chair:
I will verify this next week-end !

Phil

RallyFanatic
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
:confused: I don't understand anything any more...:screwy: :banghead:
I have the same box than you, and I would have tought that the box you show in the link was the one with the "re-boxed" of bobkit serie... (foreign countries or not)
I have to check my informations !! I'm not crazy but...:rofl: :)
I bought my heller kit at least 5 years ago, before the re-released of the tamiya at this time...
would have Heller, at that moment, re-boxed the bobkit version for the next heller series ??
(because they did it for the 205 T16...)
in this case all my appologize I must have given a bad information... :frown: :chair:
I will verify this next week-end !

Phil

I am pretty sure than when I bought the kit it was very recently reissued.
Maybe this is why there is such confusion. I sadly don't have the kit's box anymore but i'm 95% sure I had the one you've shown and not the one I've shown. Now I'm doubting myself :confused: . And the apology should be from my side, I was a bit impolite, and didn't mean to offend you in any way, of course.

rallymaster
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
And the apology should be from my side, I was a bit impolite, and didn't mean to offend you in any way, of course.

Ohwow don't think so, you wasn't impolite, there is no better way (and more polite) to say somthing is wrong that "that's not true !" :) :wink:

I wasn't better reacting than you bringing here what you know about it !

don't worry, I am not offend and was only thinking the same about my words and answer...
"may I didn't offend him cos' he was only trying to say I may be wrong" !

So everything's fine for me !

moreover I think I am really wrong about reissuing and releases of these kits...
although I am pretty sure mine is a closed one ! (ok now it's my turn to doubt, and this kit is in the stock pile in another flat, so ...)
it seems there's only one new box and so only one reissuing (even if declined several times) so only one heller version...
I am so confused that this is my turn to doublt about what is the kit and how it is !! :screwy: :eek7:

I may be so stupid sometimes... :banghead:
I think I would better have said nothing !! :disappoin

Phil
(need some hollydays...!) :p

Add your comment to this topic!