Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rust coming from A/C compressor (01 Rodeo V6)

weathermedic
02-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Noticed lots of rust colored stains (almost like a powdery coating) all along the front of the engine and on the serpentine belt. Spoke to an Isuzu tech last time I had it serviced and he said it is coming from inside the A/C compressor and is normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jason in NYC

marcre
02-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes, I've got it all over as well. I've always wondered what it was. At least it's normal.

Marc

rodeo02
02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Got it here too. Every time the a/c compressor clutch engages the drive pulley, it rubs off the layer of surface rust that formed on the inside wear surface of the pulley. Kinda like if you havent used your vehicle in awhile and the brake rotors form some surface rust. The first time you hit the breaks the rust gets worn off.

Joel

mapua82
02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Noticed lots of rust colored stains (almost like a powdery coating) all along the front of the engine and on the serpentine belt.

I got the some powder.
I wonder i you ever use "ENGINE DEGREASER" on your engine.
My suspicion was that the degreaser dissolved any lubricant
in the clutch.

weathermedic
02-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Nope, never used engine degreaser. I have had my mechanic use some brake cleaner on the engine side of the front skid plate after he did the oil change and got some oil on it. Unless some spray went into the compressor, that's all I could think of. Of course it also must get wet when it rains heavy and there are big puddles.

Jason in NYC

directory
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
i'm glad to see i'm not the only one.

Add your comment to this topic!