clueless over kia

rhonsman
02-04-2006, 08:51 PM
My son just bought a 2006 Kia Rio. Was this a wise choice? want some feedback from kia owners please as I dont know much about Kia, except they are pretty inexpensive.

AkinaSpeedStar
02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
well one of the cars i have is a 2003 kia RXV and i have had no problems with it, i push it hard, harder than i sghould push it and have had no problems with it at all.

MeettheCreeper
02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
My son just bought a 2006 Kia Rio. Was this a wise choice? want some feedback from kia owners please as I dont know much about Kia, except they are pretty inexpensive.

Maintenance is the key.

Ray H
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
My wife and I bought a 2006 Rio about 4 months ago. Its got 6000 miles on it now and no problems at all so far. I know thats not much to go on. Kia changed alot on their cars for 2006 (since Hyundia bought them) so you arent going to get much in the way of long term feedback on the newer ones.
I feel that we took a bit of a chance getting it. We could afford alot more car but chose to stick to the plan, which was to get an inexpensive, economical and (hopefully) reliable commuter car. Time will tell if it pays off. If not, I'll be taking some ribbing from my Honda and Toyota friends.
Weve had no issues with quality, performance or maintenance as of yet. I would rate the fit and finish equal any other car in its class.
The only issues we've had, if you can call them issues, is
1). Finding seat covers. Its got airbags in the seats so you cant just throw any old covers on them without interfering with the deployment of the airbags. And
2). Getting a spare key made. It seems only the dealer can get Kia key blanks, at least thats what we are being told.
I was concerned about getting such a diminutive car. I was worried about how it would travel on the interstate. After putting 6000, mostly interstate, miles on it, I can say my worries were unfounded. It handles and drives very well for its size. It has no problem keeping up at interstate speeds, in fact, Ive had it above 100MPH and it drove like it was glued to the road. It averages (combined city, highway) 34 MPG if you keep it between 65 and 70MPH, above that and the MPG quickly drops off.
To sum it up, so far, so good for the 06 Rio.

Add your comment to this topic!