Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fried computer?

blk_srt
02-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I posted a thread a few days ago about my rpm signal being messed up and the rpms jump all around on the dash and on my afc. Well not the car is running really poorly, misfiring, the whole works. It feels like the mas is unplugged that same studdering feeling but its at all rpms and its idling around 600rpm. Could my computer possibly be shot? It was running fine untill thurday night when I took someone for a 5 minute ride and I red lined it maybe once nothing out of the usual and when I got home the revs were all messed up.

SLoe
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Smell of it. Open it up and look at it. If it is burned it will smell, and or have burnt spots. :2cents:

Edit: When my computer bit the big one, my wipers were on continuously and the engine stuttered the same as you described.

blk_srt
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Can you think of anything else besides the ecu that would cause it to run really bad all of the sudden?

l_eclipse_l
02-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm gonna ask the obvious...did you pull the plugs and look them over?

blk_srt
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
I did, although I had limited light, everything looked ok. I guess I'll find out sometime this week since its going to be torn down anyway

blk_srt
02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
so i took my ecu apart and everything looks good no burns or smells at all but now my car wont turn over the battery is charged and the fuel pump runs(this is before i took my ecu out) im guessing the starter went out possibly any guess to what my car runs like crap still? (sorry for not useing puncuation but my computer is being gay)

Add your comment to this topic!