Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advice on exhaust! I'm getting my 03 P71 done today!

blade_48032
02-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Well, after owning my 2003 Crown Vic Police Interceptor for almost a year now. I have finally broken down and decided to do something with it! :iceslolan

I'm gonna go up to an exhaust shop today and finally get it done! I need some feedback though. The sound I'm going for is mean, loud, and aggressive! I have an SLP Loudmouth Cat-Back on my 2000 Trans Am and I want the Crown Vic to sound like it's gonna wompy stomp the Trans Am into the ground!

So here is what I'm thinking. I don't really wanna put a whole lot of money into it like the TA but I'm debating on Glasspacks with Cats, Glasspacks without Cats, Straightpipe with Cats, or Straitpipe without Cats. :naughty:

I don't know what the glasspacks sound like on the Crown Vic but if anyone knows please inform me or let me know of a soundclip I can listen too!

My buddy had a 94 Trans Am without cats and it was straight piped. It sounded mean as all hell! My other buddy has a 93 V6 Camaro and he still has his cats with a striaghtpipe and it almost sounds like a V8.

Another thing, if I end up going with straight pipe and no cats will I lose horsepower? Because I take it there really won't be any back pressure there and I don't want to lose what little horsepower I already have!

If I eliminate the cats will my check engine light come on? If it does, how do I get it to turn off? Do I need to buy a special sensor or is there a way I can manually shut it off?

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from everyone soon!

Jon-Paul

-All Hail The Crown Vic-

blade_48032
02-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Well, I went with the striaght pipes and kept the cats!

Add your comment to this topic!