How do I disable my factory sec. alarm?

Leroy111
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
This morning, at friggin 4 AM, I was awoken by my factory alarm going off. This isn't the first time it has happend either. I believe it to be because of a bad door switch in the rear, making the car think the door was opened up or something

Anyway, I don't want to have to deal with it again, is there a fuse or something I could pull and still keep the locks/horn etc working?:banghead:

Thanks in advanced

tfvesquire
02-03-2006, 12:35 PM
FYI -- you will get more info if you post the year and model of your car. :)

Anyways, I am having the same problem with my car (4th gen 1998 SE). It was raining last week and the alarm just kept going off for no reason. I am in the process of pulling the trunk lid apart to check the trunk lock switch and keyless unit for moisture/shorting out.

If you have a 4th gen Max, simply pop the hood and locate the fuse box on the driver's side front near the battery. There is also a diagram for each fuse on the cover. Pull the 7.5 amp fuse for the alarm and that will disable it. your keyless entry should still work. You can look up my thread on Maxima.org, plus, there are many good tips in that forum.

Good luck.

Leroy111
02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
ah yes, thank you, I have a 4th gen, 95' GLE, forgot about that. Thanks

Nahkapohjola
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Reasons behind:
- pinched wire(s) (justabout making contact through insulation)
- oxidation, in wires & connectors ...comes with age.
- condensation onto alarm pcb
- poor quality alarm switches
- radio interference
- cold or moist weather has effect on all those...

Whattodo? Visually inspect each inch of wire & connectors, open alarm box and every part for inspection. All branching 'robber connectors' out the door - accept only well soldered connections... Adding contact grease after cleanup.

See Link below, p.14

Add your comment to this topic!