Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

5th Rally car modeling contest!

hrmodeler
02-03-2006, 02:25 AM
I'm planing new contest for April or May 2006.
So far I'm thinking about 2 categories: OOB and Modified.
OOB will be strictly OOB, while for Modified will go all others.
If there will be need for 3d category, I will be open it during contest.
3rd category can be Dioramas or 1/43 scale.

I'm started to search for sponsors. If you like to be sponsor or know somebody who want to be sponsor, just let me know and we will arrange all.

Any suggestions are welcome as always. http://www.scaleracecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

aeroace
02-03-2006, 03:00 AM
love this contest, I will enter both OOB and Modfied group. For the 3rd group, I think its better to run Dioramas

Vric
02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Great idea, but may I suggest like last year that "different decals" could be OOB ? Model with only other decals or very few added value to the kit can't compete with the awesome Scratchbuild and after market maniac that some model are in "Modified" category. Like adding few Carbon decals can't compete with an open version, scratchbuilt engine Subaru :D

I won the last 2 years in OOB, but I don't think I will this time :D I will enter for fun !

rallymaster
02-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Hello,
I may be interested in this contest, but I don't know it, could you please tell me more about it ?
start, end, how to enter and where... etc.
thanks

Bye
Phil

Raceman
02-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Dioramas would be cool,because we donīt see many of them here.

MidMazar
02-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Great idea, but may I suggest like last year that "different decals" could be OOB ? Model with only other decals or very few added value to the kit can't compete with the awesome Scratchbuild and after market maniac that some model are in "Modified" category. Like adding few Carbon decals can't compete with an open version, scratchbuilt engine Subaru :D

I won the last 2 years in OOB, but I don't think I will this time :D I will enter for fun !

I also think that different decals and a little cf should be put into the OOB category. Count me in, but i probably won't finish in time.

hrmodeler
02-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Yes Vric, it will be as last year, new decals will be allowed.

3rd category will be opened only if there will be enough 1/43 or dioramas.

Phil, go to link in my sig for any infos about contest. It's opened every month.

RallyRaider
02-05-2006, 11:51 PM
I'd love to enter this time, missed the last one. But realisticaly I won't get anything built in time. :( Even my 80's comp entry is looking shaky at the moment. :banghead:

freakmech
02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I'd love to enter this time, missed the last one. But realisticaly I won't get anything built in time. :( Even my 80's comp entry is looking shaky at the moment. :banghead:

What where you building? i dont even remember... LOL:p

mattsmith
02-06-2006, 12:23 PM
wahey! i got a 206 WRC (2003) sitting waiting to be started next. just waitin for warmer weather so's i can spray the chassis and shell. gonna add it to my 2001 Rally GB Impreza as a little R. Burns tribute. car he won the title in and the last car he competed in (am i right?). is adding aftermarket seatbelts gonna count as 'modifying' then? no need for extra decals as the didn't run the Malboro livery at the MC :smokin: just don't wanna look like a muppet building a basic yet clean model, n havin my ass handed to me by some o the model-gods with a 1/24 car that actually starts with a little tiny key and has scaled down computer controlled diffs and adjustable downforce, yada yada......

so thats that, and still not started my sauber C9 (PE n CF for the first time :uhoh: ) for the 80's comp yet! ah well, lets call it motivation :grinyes: hopefully some progress threads startin soon, as i done 2 or 3 models now without a camera to take pics :frown: but times have a changed....

matt

gionc
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM

Well, I could understand you very well: I spent 70% of the time designing a PE set that I probably I can't use :grinyes:

What where you building? i dont even remember... LOL:p

Well I remember his project, not mine.:grinyes:

hrmodeler
02-09-2006, 02:06 AM
I forgot to tell that you can send models right now, and change it until end of contest.

hrmodeler
03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Firts model already arrived for contest! :-)

hrmodeler
04-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Just reminder that contest is open for your models! :-)

nugundam93
04-22-2006, 12:31 PM
awwww. looks like the lanevo7 wrc ain't making it in time. :( currently working on a blue frame astray 2nd L for a local contest.

sjelic
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
Mine is sent away, old one, but never the less, I have good excuse :D

hrmodeler
05-18-2006, 08:12 AM
So far we have:
OOB - 3 models
Enhanced - 4 models

and some on waiting!

Hurry, not much time left!

Add your comment to this topic!