Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bought myself a 93 CV today

Infinitrium
02-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I picked up the buy&sell paper as soon as they got it in the store and looked through it. Wasn't much that interested me but I did see a small ad for a 93 Crown Victoria. $1000 (Canadian) OBO. I thought to myself that it couldn't be much good for that price, but I went and took a look at it anyway. It's actually in really nice shape, very little rust, no dents or out of shape body panels. Motor runs good and doesn't burn oil. Tranny shifts fine. AC still works, I was told. It's high mileage at 290000 km, but it doesn't seem any worse for wear. The tranny was rebuilt by a transmission shop in town at a cost of $1500. Heater core was replaced at a cost of $300. AC system was upgraded and recharged to the tune of $500. The guy who was selling it just went through a divorce and he doesn't need the car so he's selling it. I offered him $900 and he accepted it. I should have it on the road by Saturday. I snapped a few pics with my digital camera, they turned out kinda dark but have a look anyway. I also took a short video of the car too.

http://www.putfile.com/infinitrium

Infinitrium
02-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I brought the beast home today. Ahhh, such a nice quiet ride! Even tooling along at 90 mph, all I hear is just some low volume wind noise, 'cept when I kick it down then it sounds like an ol' 4 barrel carb! All kinds of power off the line. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine I could smoke the rear tires pretty easily if I wanted. I did notice a few small problems with the car on the way home. The wipers don't work very well on high speed, they drag across the window. Low speed is fine. The car seems to wander a bit on the road, especially if it's windy and gusting. It also feels a bit funny going over a bump, like the car is twisted sideways or something. Maybe I just need to get used to the feel of a full frame, plush riding car as compared to my 92 Honda Accord.

master hec0
02-04-2006, 11:02 AM
seems like a pretty good car for 900$ i got a 1992 mercury grandmarquis with 390k for 500$ canadian but urs is 100k less on the odometer and 1 year newer so you definatly got a good deal

reekor
02-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I got a 94 with 117k for $650 Canadian.

seems like a pretty good car for 900$ i got a 1992 mercury grandmarquis with 390k for 500$ canadian but urs is 100k less on the odometer and 1 year newer so you definatly got a good deal

reekor
02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
290000 km and it does not burn oil huh, come back and a month and let us know how much oil it does burn.

I picked up the buy&sell paper as soon as they got it in the store and looked through it. Wasn't much that interested me but I did see a small ad for a 93 Crown Victoria. $1000 (Canadian) OBO. I thought to myself that it couldn't be much good for that price, but I went and took a look at it anyway. It's actually in really nice shape, very little rust, no dents or out of shape body panels. Motor runs good and doesn't burn oil. Tranny shifts fine. AC still works, I was told. It's high mileage at 290000 km, but it doesn't seem any worse for wear. The tranny was rebuilt by a transmission shop in town at a cost of $1500. Heater core was replaced at a cost of $300. AC system was upgraded and recharged to the tune of $500. The guy who was selling it just went through a divorce and he doesn't need the car so he's selling it. I offered him $900 and he accepted it. I should have it on the road by Saturday. I snapped a few pics with my digital camera, they turned out kinda dark but have a look anyway. I also took a short video of the car too.

http://www.putfile.com/infinitrium

Add your comment to this topic!