Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Surround sound setup?

Dreamspawn
02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm looking at a double din DVD/CD/MP3 etc... player and it also has 5.1 or 6.1surround sound. How would i go about hooking that up?

ImportBuilder
02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
As far as I know, as long as you have all 4 speakesr and a subwoofer, it's good to go. The Head Unit will decode the surround sound from, say, a DVD, and send the appropriate audio signals to each channel. Just wire it like any other head unit.

Dreamspawn
02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
thanks

PaulD
02-02-2006, 11:20 PM
it will have diagrams in the manual

CBFryman
02-04-2006, 03:23 PM
LF goes to the Drivers side speaker
LR goes to the Drivers side Rear Speaker

RF Goes to passenger frong speaker
RR Goes to passenger rear speaker

You will need to fabricate a center chanel (a 6.5 and a tweeter is all you need, even juse a coax or a decent "full range" driver) and if its 6.1 you will need a rear center chanel, since you cant set correct angles according to Dolby an THX but w/e

cars arent the best Doly listening environment and i dont know who watches movies in their cars to run 5.1 (i was thinking about it before but decided agianst it). just my 2 pennies.

PaulD
02-04-2006, 05:34 PM
yea, that's true .... VERY little music that is recorded in 5.1 type format except DVD movies. Unless you REALLY know what you're doing with tuning, it's just a bigger way to screw up the sound, and the "room" is so small I am not convinced you can really pull off a true 5.1 type sound. Getting a good stereo (2 channel) image right is hard enough in a vehicle.

Scootzilla
02-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I had SS in my car.And i myself didnt like it.The car is to little so everything blends together it all just comes out you.It might sound diff in a suv.

Scoot

Add your comment to this topic!