Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 TB EXT Dash Lights Out?

DVINNY
02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
My dash lights won't come on, and the dimmer is fine, it's not turned down.

I've checked the fuse under the hood, #24 I believe, it is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? My driver information center doesn't light up, but the remote entry still opens my garage.

DVINNY
02-03-2006, 05:05 AM
I have somehow managed to knock my center console a little loose. Do you think that would cause my dash lights to go out?

It has the rear heat/air controls on that console and I think it may be the cause, but I haven't figured out how to get into the thing to see if that is the prob.

DVINNY
02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Help!

All of my instrument panel, rear climate controls, and driver's info center still function just without lights. My radio and odometer are the only things in the entire vehicle that light up at night but my dimmer switch dims them, and turns on the overhead lights, so the switch doesn't appear to be bad. I wish it was still under warranty, but I'm flyin solo on this one.

DVINNY
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm still at it with this thing. I had a wire that was 'cut' by the mount of the console when it pulled up off the floor. I have since repaired that wire, and then did find a blown fuse for the rear accessory 12v. The blown fuse was in the box under the middle row seat.

Now, I still have no dash lights. Everything seems to be fixed and fuses replaced. Does the computer (BCM) need reset or something?

rodeo02
03-24-2006, 08:18 PM
That is a tough one. You've ruled out the fuse and dimmer switch. It cant be a blown lamp since none of them light. I'd check for a bad connection on/around the dimmer.

G/luck
Joel

DVINNY
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks Joel,

I've taken the dimmer out and everything, all seems to be OK, yet I STILL do not have dash lights. Very frustrating.

plinder
06-26-2006, 10:45 AM
This may be a compleatly different thing. But I had a problem like this on my 95 S10 Blazer and it was a computer problem.

rodeo02
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
This may be a compleatly different thing. But I had a problem like this on my 95 S10 Blazer and it was a computer problem.

Really? I didn't think GM used body control modules in 1995. BCM's can cause some crazy concerns.

Joel

plinder
06-27-2006, 11:31 AM
You are probably correct. I ment my 99 Blazer S10.

DVINNY
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I disconnected the positive side of my battery for about 40 minutes last night, then hooked it back up. It reset my clock but that was it, lights on dash, and doors, and heat controls, etc. are all STILL out.

Any ideas?

mcarso
08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I can recall sometime ago opn certian cars that if your rear taillights one or both are burnt out, this causes your dash light not to work. This might be your problem? Just a thought

hoezaycuervo
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I remember when I first got my 2002 at the end of 2001 that there are some fuses in the rear box under the seat that you could pull out and it would go so far as to make the odometer not work, but the analog gagues still functioned. I'll do some digging and see if this might be a place for you to start.

DVINNY
08-15-2006, 05:50 AM
UPDATE:

My in-laws have one of the diagnostic computer's from Snap-On, that thing is awesome, we hooked it up and you can track everything going on with the vehicle. We also found a BCM code B2575. We reset that code, but I also changed out my fuses again on Saturday.

Saturday evening, I had dash lights. They've been out for over 6 months, but are now back on. What a good feeling.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Add your comment to this topic!