Looking into a colorado

thecackster
02-02-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm Looking into buying a colorado and selling my 97 silverado. I really don't want to part with it but I want the better gas milage. I just wanted some over all feed back from owners of the colorado. It seems there are some problems, but thats the nature of this site, not alot of people come on here saying that they don't have problems. Thanks a Million!

-Kyle

Philo
02-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm Looking into buying a colorado and selling my 97 silverado. I really don't want to part with it but I want the better gas milage. I just wanted some over all feed back from owners of the colorado. It seems there are some problems, but thats the nature of this site, not alot of people come on here saying that they don't have problems. Thanks a Million!

-Kyle

I have an '04 short cab, I5 auto, 4x4 Z71. It has 27K miles and only two minor problems have come up. The battery went out at 12K, replaced within two hours and with a smile by a dealer 600 miles from my home. The second was a leaky running light, where it fogs up. Otherwise absolutely no problems. I get 24.5+ mpg on the highway. You will loose the 'large' load carrying capacity of your full size truck, and the stump pulling power. In return, you will be able to find a parking space much easier.

thecackster
02-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks a bunch. I dont' haul anything really anyways and the only thing i've pulled is a couple of dumbass friends that get stuck haha.I hate parking my truck, dang. I just want the gas milage really, and the capability to hual somthing if I needed to, I move ever summer to and from college so it's nice. Thanks again....

PamzJoe
07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Been there done that. With a tear in my eye I'll tell you I just last week traded my Z71 for an '07 Isuzu I-290. It's built in the same factory, side by side with the Colorados. The difference that swayed me was the 3yr.-50,000 mile factory warranty plus 7yr.-75,000 mile power train. Chevy only offered 3yr.-36,000 miles. I drive 60 miles round trip to work. I needed the longer mileage. just my 2 cents.
Joe

bwinterstine
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Just bought a brand new std cab LT I4 auto. Great truck but my old one was an S10. The warranty is much better now...check it out.

Add your comment to this topic!