Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Traction Control System Problems--is this normal?

beagle
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi, I just bought an 04 Enthusiast about a month ago. I'm not sure what the difference is between the TCS (which my car has) and the Vehicle Dynamic Control. If someone could explain why TCS is not as good, I would appreciate that.

But my real question is whether my TCS is working properly. I live in PA, where there unfortunately is snow right now. I pulled out of my garage, and started to go uphill and spun my tires--but no TCS response at all. However, when I'm going fairly fast around a bend, lots of times the display will start flashing "SLIP" and I'll lose power, which can be unsettling if you're not expecting it. None of these times did I ever feel as if I was going too fast for circumstances, and there is usually no snow or ice on the road when it happens. Is this normal? Why does it kick in when I'm not slipping and why doesn't it kick in when I really am slipping.

Thanks for you help.

beagle
02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Man, this place is dead. I had much more help in the Grand Prix forum when I owned one.

RAREROD74
03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
tcs is traction control system vdc is vehicle dynamic control now tcs will happen when you punch it off the line the slip light will come on now vdc will come on if lets say you were entering a corner to fast it will prevent the car from drifting or going side ways..

beagle
03-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Thank you, RareRod 74. I'm just confused because sometimes going around a bend, the TCS has kicked on, at very weird times, it's unsettling.

Add your comment to this topic!