Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

passat floorboard wet

aquaman0001
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello,
I 'm all wet.
My back passenger floorboard is soakin wet.
Is there a drain plug clogged?
I cannot see where the rain(it has beeen raining lately)
is leaking down. The floor board is wet but the walls
are dry. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated
M

veedubmechanic
02-02-2006, 07:06 PM
time to get out the checkbook. hopefully its not an automatic, the module resides under the passenger front carpet.

sounds like the sunroof drain is clogged. open the doors and use a good high pressure air gun to blow out the roof drains.

also, it is very common for the pollen filter housing to leak into the car due to a crusty worn gasket

aquaman0001
02-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Hello,
What does the drain look like? Where exactly is it located? Where is the pollen filter located? The Haynes manual has no reference to either?
Thanks.
M

veedubmechanic
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
only 98+ has pollen filter (its located on passenger side of battery pannel area (its covered up)

the front drains can be cleaned from the sunroof but the rears need to be cleaned from the bottom up ( rear doors the little oval opening on sill area at bottom)

6speed8
02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Then they must have changed it in later years because the rear drains are located behind my bumper. There are panels that have to be removed on either side of the mufflers to gain access to them - what would be considered the sides of the rear bumper..

Padz001
03-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Had a very similar problem to this a few months ago. There is a kind of sink/drain area under the battery with a plug hole in the bottom. This got plugged up with leaves and filled with rainwater. The water managed to get in a vent and come out through an air vent under the back seat leaving the floor soaking with no obvious source. Solution was to remove the battery and clear the plug hole in the sink underneath. Use disposable diaper to dry up the floow and carpet. Takes a few days for all water to stop coming.

fabricior
08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
time to get out the checkbook. hopefully its not an automatic, the module resides under the passenger front carpet.

sounds like the sunroof drain is clogged. open the doors and use a good high pressure air gun to blow out the roof drains.

also, it is very common for the pollen filter housing to leak into the car due to a crusty worn gasket
Hello veedubmechanic!!

I have been reading about this topic and I have sorth of the same problem. I own a VW Passat 95 GLX VR6, and I have found that when the weather is very rainy a lot of water comes from the right side of the dashboard in the passenger's seat side. I have checked with water, puring it into the right drain of the sunroof and it produces the water flooding. Is possible that the drain is blocked or (I haven't open it to check) the drain is in plastic or other material and maybe it is broken? Could you help me on how fix this?

veedubmechanic
09-04-2006, 06:48 PM
the sunroof drain hoses are rubber, it sounds like yours came out of the hole that sends the water out of the cabin and into the door jamb outside of the cabin. Take the boot off the door jamb where the water drain hose goes (in the middle of the front door jamb) and see if the hose is attached.

ipswich208
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
hi ive got the water coming via the drivers side floor going into the rear driver passangers side as well is there a drain bit around the drivers side as well

Add your comment to this topic!