Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Biggerjohn!!!

fezzz
02-02-2006, 07:22 AM
nobody answered this in my last post and you have one so WHY doesnt your superchip set a check engine light??? i miss how much faster mine was with the chip installed

BiggerJon
02-04-2006, 12:00 AM
the superchips tuner that i have does not set off a code... let me find your other post and see what was going on.

BiggerJon
02-04-2006, 12:09 AM
well, i found your other post.

have you plugged your tuner in the car to run a diagnostics check since you have not been running around with a tune. see if you have any hidden codes. if you have a hidden code, you have something wrong, if no code the tuner is definitely conflicting with some of your other mods.

if your car is running sound, you ought to get a real tune followed by a dynotune.

this is what i would recommend since you didn't mod the car and you probably don't know all that was done to the car.

good luck!

fezzz
02-04-2006, 09:16 AM
real tune? dynotune? do you mean take it to a speedshop and have them fine tune everything? you're right i might not be aware of specific mods made to my car by the first owner/s. but i would think most people with a chip have the simple mods done as well, CAI, exhaust, throttlebody, as do i.

BiggerJon
02-07-2006, 12:19 AM
my point is that if your car runs perfect without the tune installed, and she gives a code with the tune.... then something is bad.

either it is the tune, your car, or the mods. my tune gives no code, my mods give no error code, and i know nothing is bad on my car.

if i were to drive your car, i may be able to give you more ideas, but over the internet some things are limited.

Add your comment to this topic!