Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Few questions from a new tib owner

D0MTheBomB
02-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey all im new to the forums and just wondering what should I get for my tiburon first thats not that expensive? Its a 2001 tiburon I4 I just got for a grand with only 48,000 miles on it. My first ideas were to add a aftermarket air intake and a tune up, but just wondering what are the better brand names out there for a tiburon today. thanks for any info...

Edit : Sorry if any of this info im looking for would be in the sticky's but I just figured id just introduce myself

Smmoke
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Welcome, I'm a newbie myself, but I think I can help on this one... you'll want to look at nisco's sticky "Parts Breakdown for the Tiburon".

As for what to get first, an air intake seems to be the best idea... seems to be the case that a cold air intake would be the best power increase for your money; I believe they cost around $200. The short ram intakes cost less, but provide less power, at about $70-80. Again, I'm just saying what is in the sticky for easy reference, you should look at that for info straight from the moderator's mouth (well... fingers).

And again, welcome!
~Smmoke~

Underground_Killah
02-05-2006, 10:00 PM
i want to know where you got a 2nd gen for 1k!

D0MTheBomB
02-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I got it from a friend of mine. I have 2 or 3 friends that get all sorts of cars for free or for little cost. Most have some sort of mechanical problem or body damage. The tiburon had body damage but for the price and the little damage, it was a good deal. Its all stock besides the alarm which is remote start and a button that opens my moonroof. Overall for my first car, it was amazing offer. I might also get a 2nd car from my other friend for $300 a toyota supra 1989 but with high miles :). When it comes to cars in new york, I would say there cheaper, but the houses are a different story :(

nisco
02-08-2006, 12:52 AM
where in NY you from?

im on Long Island...

twospirits
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
He is as far from you as you are from me. The profile says in Riverhead.

TS out

D0MTheBomB
02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
yea im from Long Island Riverhead/Flanders Area. Tommarow my tib will about time be on the road :) I hate having a bad job :(

nisco
02-09-2006, 04:24 PM
yea im from Long Island Riverhead/Flanders Area. Tommarow my tib will about time be on the road :) I hate having a bad job :(
well on saturday nights(usually) the local long island guys meet up on DPA (deer park ave) in the star bucks parking lot after 12 befroe that theyre at the sears parking lot? i think...? i forget... but usually its only jumpin when its nicer out weather wise....

come out when you can... youll meet alota chill kids

xtreme barton
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
you can get a cold air done for less than 200.

do you know anyone with a machine shop ?

start off by doing

cold air
header
exhaust

Add your comment to this topic!