Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Raise your hand if your paranoid!

RACER D12
02-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Well just recently I sold my E30 and I’m also starting my new job. So I have begun the search for my Porsche 944 Turbo. And as I was searching I started to think back about how long its taken me and how hard I have worked to get to this point. And how awesome its going to be when I fire my 944T up for the first time. But then I started to think, what would I do if the car was stolen? Now I’m all paranoid about how im going to protect my baby when I get it. So I was wondering what do you guys use for security systems? Or other methods?

clawhammer
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Start with a garage.

GForce957
02-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I keep a pitbull inside my car at all times

(i actually have no security, no one steals saturns)

evil6remlin
02-01-2006, 09:58 PM
I have actually thought about this when I finally get my car back on the road. I would be devastated if my car was stolen after I put all of this money and work into it. I was thinking of tinting my windows to make it more difficult to see my gauges but that's about it. I live in a pretty good neighborhood so I'm not too worried about it. Definitely not gonna be parking the car in any shady areas though.

vwracer14
02-01-2006, 11:07 PM
as long as you have full coverage you could always find another one

BullDog71ss
02-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Hidden ignition kill switch isnt a bad idea

nissanfanatic
02-02-2006, 12:49 AM
^That.

I leave Dec air set low so the car runs like shit whenever they start it without re-adjusting.

In sketchy areas of town, I will fuck up all the settings on my SAFC, set boost as low as it will go(spring pressure) and sometimes even go as far as to pull a plug wire/injector clip or two.

I pull fuses randomly.

I lock my doors.

turtlecrxsi
02-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Lock doors... and hope the key works. My 944 came with a dozen keys and only 2 of them fit the locks. :screwy:

But from experience with my 944 N/A, I figured you meant being paranoid about whether or not it'll start... GL

BullDog71ss
02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
But from experience with my 944 N/A, I figured you meant being paranoid about whether or not it'll start... GL

:rofl:

RACER D12
02-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I like the idea of messing with the settings before I leave it and tinting the windows. What I also was thinking about is either low jack or a system that calls my cell when ever the alarm goes off. Does anyone have something like this or low jack? How much does Lowjack cost and do you pay a monthly service charge? And yea I think im going with full coverage its just that im 18 and insurance is going to kill me price wise:mad: Plus insurance wont cover mods so I would be beat out of that cash if it were stolen.

CivRacer95
02-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Get a monkey. Ever see that commercial? Where the monkey beats the shit outta that thief? Teh Monkeys pwn teh bad guyz...

marcomc88
02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
^haha, damn straight. monkeys will F you up

anyway, i have a viper alarm system on my car. so far i haven't had any problems with it and it's pretty simple. a killswitch came as part of it, so that's a plus. Lo-Jack is pretty much the ultimate way to recover your car once it's stolen, but i'd be more concerned with prevention.

use common sense: try to park in well lit lots. always lock your doors, even while driving (ever heard stories of cars getting jacked at stop lights? yeah). and if you go into a city, make sure the lot has a security guard or is video recorded.

but seriously dude, i live in north guilford too, your car ain't gettin stolen up here.

beef_bourito
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
a car alarm should be good, if ou really want to stop someone you can put a switch somewhere out of site. if you can't afford a car alarm you can put a red blinking light on your dash, thieves generally don't want to screw around with anti theft devices and alarms, they just go for something easy.

Chiquae07
02-07-2006, 11:44 PM
i had a blinking light and they stole my lisence plates earlier this season...

beef_bourito
02-08-2006, 06:49 AM
haha, that sucks. who the hell would steal plates? there's no point, to use them you need to register them. unless they wanted them as decoration.

clawhammer
02-08-2006, 07:16 AM
haha, that sucks. who the hell would steal plates? there's no point, to use them you need to register them. unless they wanted them as decoration.

Or use it to steal cars...

beef_bourito
02-08-2006, 02:57 PM
but the cops would notice if they're license plates for a car other than the one that they're on, they'd pull the people over, then find out the car was stolen.

Add your comment to this topic!