Country music

Pages : [1] 2

seasonalskier2006
02-01-2006, 12:44 PM
do you like country? or am i just "special"? and dont just read it take part!!

LOVE YOUR REDNECK!!!!!

vinnym86
02-01-2006, 01:00 PM
i voted no, because overall a lot of country songs aren't my flavor or choice, but there's some songs/artists i like. Johnny Cash was amazing, and Bad Company (more like country rock, or w/e u wanna see it as, its country for me).

quteasabutton
02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
vin says i'm a redneck so i guess deep down inside i'm in love with it :uhoh: ...other than that tho i said no because most of the country stuff i've heard i don't care for. i prefer more bass in my music for starters

'97ventureowner
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
My tastes in music run the gamut. Back in the early '80s I listened to Alabama. Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr.then went back to rock/heavy metal/pop from the mid '80s to earlier this decade. Now my tastes have changed a little more and I'm including country artists such as Big & Rich, Montgomery Gentry, Trace Adkins,Brooks & Dunn, stuff that's got a harder beat, more "rockish" than the traditional drinkin', wife cheatin', job losin' country themed music of the past :icon16: I still listen to more hard rock, heavy metal, modern/alternative rock than country. I think a big part of my taste change is based on the fact I'm subjected to more of it when my wife rides with me, the channel on the radio is moved to country:rolleyes:

driftinggrifter2
02-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Not really for me. theres a few songs i liked but overall i wont by any albums or anything.
thunder rolls
devil went down to georgia
and maybe a handfull of others

indyram
02-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I put yes, there are songs out there in every genre that I don't like. But as far as genre I will listen to pretty much anything. I listen to music easily 12+ hours a day. Jazz, classical, modern rock, alternative, classic rock, country, hip hop, r&b, heavy metal, what ever as long as it's good.

TexasF355F1
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Old country, Willie, Waylon, Cash, cool. Anything post, I'd say 94-96ish gay. They've now all really b/c one in the same, and many more are pop-country. The worst.....Texas Country. If you can find one band that sounds different than the other and sings about something different prove it.

Officer Redneck
02-02-2006, 12:10 AM
I said yes. (Who'd a thought that?) I love the old stuff and some of the new stuff is pretty good but a-lot of the newer artists sing stuff that ain't country or rock. It just sucks. I'll listen to anything except Rap and that heavy/death metal shit. It just gives me a headach.

seasonalskier2006
02-02-2006, 06:41 AM
I said yes. (Who'd a thought that?) I love the old stuff and some of the new stuff is pretty good but a-lot of the newer artists sing stuff that ain't country or rock. It just sucks. I'll listen to anything except Rap and that heavy/death metal shit. It just gives me a headach.

i agree totaly. RAP AND HEAVY/DEATH METAL SUCK!!!

G-man422
02-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I dislike country. i find the singers "accents" to be exteemly anoying. some songs ar OK though.

cody_e
02-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I love coutnry. Well I lvoe most music except rap. porbbaly the atmosphere I live in. I mean I've worked a few labor jobs (I'm 16 BTW sumemr help stuff) and most of the people listened to coutnry. I kind of grows on you. In fact right now I'm listening to: Hank Williams, Jr. - A Country Boy Can Survive.

G-man422
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
@ cody: so you didnt like country before your summer job?

cody_e
02-02-2006, 05:33 PM
@ cody: so you didnt like country before your summer job?

I really didn't listen to it. My first summer job was 3 years ago. Before that I listened to mostly classic rock.

orestes
02-02-2006, 06:39 PM
i absolutely love johnny cash but i think thats about it. i think country is kinda funny though. some of the singers are badasses just cuz they make hella songs about like "this aint a rag its a flag" like anti-arab anti-jew anti-black anti-lots of stuff. i dont agree with them i just think its hilarious.

orestes
02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
like this one song i saw on someones computer one time it was titled "send them niggers back".....some people....lol

G-man422
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
rappers, you gotta love'em. lol

orestes
02-02-2006, 07:05 PM
wuts that mean?

G-man422
02-03-2006, 06:34 AM
wuts that mean?
It means "you Gotta Love'em",..........Hate it or love it the under dawgs on top.:grinyes:

seasonalskier2006
02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
rappers, you gotta love'em. lol

not really, more like you cant love'em:screwy: actually i find a great hate for them. they are very annoying:banghead: for they have no tallent:shakehead. for they only make noise not music

G-man422
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Rappers, you gotta love'em. Love them!!

orestes
02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
no talent? i will give you that no rapper that is on MTV has talent, but thats just ignorant to say that no rapper has talent. i still dont get what G-man is saying, what do rappers have to do w/ country music (<---- topic of the thread). but if you want i can dig up some lyrics that i really think you would admit that the person who wrote it is talented. or you can just admit you are being ignorant.

orestes
02-03-2006, 02:40 PM
or as the great wordsmith of a thread starter said you have a "prejustice" about it. haha or "prejudice" either way. your IQ must be through the roof!

vinnym86
02-03-2006, 02:52 PM
not really, more like you cant love'em:screwy: actually i find a great hate for them. they are very annoying:banghead: for they have no tallent:shakehead. for they only make noise not music

one man's trash is another man's treasure. your noise is obviously others' music.

longlivetheZ
02-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh man...I should never have ventured into this forum.

I am a "metal head" by class, if you will. I voted 'no' on the poll cuz I don't listen to country.

BUT...does this mean I hate country? No. There is quite a bit of talent behind much of it. There are some great musicians, writers, guitarists and people behind country music. Even though I don't listen to it, I respect it...to a degree.

There is plenty of unbelievable SHIT out there that I "hate". Actually, I despise most that's popular these days. I've been a bassist for over 10 years and a guitarist for around 5 years. I also can play a bit on a mandolin, piano, upright bass, dulcimer, autoharp, and drums and I have experience with Cubase SL recording software. I've been in who-knows-how-many bands, played I-don't-even-know how many shows and I've written who-knows-how-many songs and/or pieces of songs.

Because of all this and the pride I take in it, it pains me greatly to see these people that are amazingly famous and amazing rich for doing damn near nothing. Examples incluse (in NO particular order):

Britney Spears - Sure...she's smoking hot (or used to be, anyway), but she's still just a pretty face.

Her sister that got a crack at it for no reason other than because she's Britney Spears' sister.

Jessica Simpson - Now she actually has some pipes, but still...doesn't write ANY (maybe a bit here and there at most) of her own music to the best of my knowledge.

Simpson's sister who got a crack at it cuz...well...you get the point...

Blink 182 - Hey...I think they at least they write their own music, but I'm not sure. Regardless, how weenie, lame and pussified could you POSSIBLY MAKE rock music?

Good Charlotte (or however you spell it) - See "Blink 182".

COUNTLESS rappers - Now...I have to get this straight from the start. I don't dislike all rappers. "Rapping" and "Rap" are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things! Zach from Rage Against the Machine raps...hell...lyrics in the style of rap have been found in many types of music for years. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, nor is this music "rap"...Rage Against the Machine is ANYTHING but rap. They are quite a good band who wrote, performed and recorded all their own music...and to top it all off, they made all sounds on their recordings using only a bass, guitar, drums or vocals. They have a very innovative quitarist that strived to produce scratching sounds on the guitar. Innovation...very cool.

There are a few rappers out there that have a real talent and a true way with words that I find quite admirable...however...for every one of those, there are a thousand that are just there to soak up the spotlight, get their 15 min and make their cajillion dollars taken from stupid kids who don't know any better.

It's these kids that I wish I could educate. Hell...these PEOPLE (it's not just kids buying that crap) I wish I could educate.

I just really wish people would take a bit more pride in what they buy and listen to. If there was a ban issued against all words in recorded "music", rap would disappear.

Country is the least of my concerns...lol.

Hey...look at the bright side, you country lovers! Country is the most popular radio format in the Untied States, last I heard!!!

But do I worry about any of this? Nah. I have other stuff to worry about. But believe me...all of this anger and disgust is contained in what I write. Who knows...maybe it will get heard some day.

BleedDodge
02-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Country music is good.

longlivetheZ
02-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Country music is good.

Honestly, I agree in a lot of ways even though I don't listen to it.

BP2K2Max
02-05-2006, 11:23 AM
i agree totaly. RAP AND HEAVY/DEATH METAL SUCK!!!not really, more like you cant love'em actually i find a great hate for them. they are very annoying for they have no tallent. for they only make noise not music
i think it's funny that one of the options in your poll talks about closed mindedness and "prejustice", which i guess is dumbass hick jargon for prejudice, and then you go make the same type of closed minded comments about rap/metal. fuckin' hypocrite.

TexasF355F1
02-05-2006, 12:47 PM
like this one song i saw on someones computer one time it was titled "send them niggers back".....some people....lol
David Alan Coe.

orestes
02-05-2006, 01:41 PM
^yes i think thats who it was.

i think it's funny that one of the options in your poll talks about closed mindedness and "prejustice", which i guess is dumbass hick jargon for prejudice, and then you go make the same type of closed minded comments about rap/metal. fuckin' hypocrite.

^co-sign

and back to the thread, there are lots of rock + country type bands that i love, like Allman Brothers, Dubee Brothers, Skynyrd, stuff like that. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson are cool too, but i dont think any of what i listed is mainstream country, or really typical at all of country. The only mainstream type country that i have been exposed too is from 1 ex gf, and it wasnt that bad, some of it was too much for me, but a lot of it basically seemed like mellow rock, i wish i could remember the name of the guy, but i forget. so i will admit that some country is anywhere from "just listenable" to "actually pretty damn good".

As far as rap goes, i think part of what a lot of people like about it, is the whole energy of hip hop culture. If you have never seen someone freestyle, or breakdance, or go nuts on turntables, or whatever, it might not have the same energy for you. Not to generalize too much or offend anyone, but if you live in, say, Wyoming, i dont think you get too much of that. Its different if you get to meet some artists and go to shows and get shit signed, etc, rather than just judging by what you see in music videos or hear white kids play in their cars in parking lots

longlivetheZ
02-05-2006, 11:13 PM
True. That kinda goes for anything, though. Go watch some bad ass bluegrass bands and I guarantee you'll walk away like "damn...that fuckin rocked" even though it's a bunch of "country folks" playing mandolins and whatnot...lol. I've seen DJs and been around rapping and stuff and it just doesn't turn my crank. Actually, damn near everyone I worked with at one place rapped (to varying extents and abilities...) and it really got annoying as hell after a while. I remember having to tell one dude to shut the fuck up pretty regularly cuz he'd stand in the dish room (I was a restaurant manager at the time) and thump beats on the sink and walls with his hands and rap for EVER if you let him. He was alright at it, I guess but it still made me want to smash his face after a while.

I dunno...maybe someone somewhere finds that amusing or impressive or whatever. I won't knock you for it (too badly anyway...lol...j/k) but it annoyed the hell out of me...lol.

Just my :2cents:

'97ventureowner
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Look how far country has come in the last 20 years, melding more pop, rock, and now even rap/hip-hop with Cowboy Troy. He has appeared with Big & Rich and currently is riding a big wave of popularity.http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/id_1909872/artist.jhtml

seasonalskier2006
02-06-2006, 07:15 AM

ok first, i listened to it because i give everything a chance (except drugs and alcohol but that is another story) and listened to it for a week, after i finished with the week (that is what i do i will try something for one week no matter what my first impression is) i had 4 migranes, 3 dead speakers (too much bass in music), and one great hate for rap. I listened to many different artists and many different styles. So DO NOT tell me i have a prejudice against it! and about the typo, i had just finished the third all nighter doing homework and was almost completly asleep, all i was waiting for was the caffene pills to wear off. I wish i could fix that but i cant figure out how. so dont call someone a "fuckin' hypocrite" unti you know the whole story. And the same story goes for metal except i already had to replace 3 speakers and i blew the last one on the next week where i had 3 migranes after the week was up. So much for you "fuckin' hypocrite"!

seasonalskier2006
02-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Look how far country has come in the last 20 years, melding more pop, rock, and now even rap/hip-hop with Cowboy Troy. He has appeared with Big & Rich and currently is riding a big wave of popularity.http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/id_1909872/artist.jhtml

that is not country :disappoin . that is rap/rock with a cowboy hat. I am talking, willy nelson, randy travis, kentucky head hunters, etc. that is the country i am refering to, not this new wave immitation that society has mixed rock with

BP2K2Max
02-06-2006, 10:12 AM
ok first, i listened to it because i give everything a chance (except drugs and alcohol but that is another story) and listened to it for a week, after i finished with the week (that is what i do i will try something for one week no matter what my first impression is) i had 4 migranes, 3 dead speakers (too much bass in music), and one great hate for rap. I listened to many different artists and many different styles. So DO NOT tell me i have a prejudice against it! and about the typo, i had just finished the third all nighter doing homework and was almost completly asleep, all i was waiting for was the caffene pills to wear off. I wish i could fix that but i cant figure out how. so dont call someone a "fuckin' hypocrite" unti you know the whole story. And the same story goes for metal except i already had to replace 3 speakers and i blew the last one on the next week where i had 3 migranes after the week was up. So much for you "fuckin' hypocrite"!
yeah, i'll believe that. so you blew out all your speakers listening to other music? why, cuz it wasn't country? sure buddy.:rolleyes:

regardless, like vinny said one mans trash is another mans treasure, i doubt you've gained enough insight on music in your fictitious week of rap connoisseurism to discredit the whole genre full of multi platinum selling artists as talentless and deduce their music down to noise. i don't particularly like country but i don't go around shit talking everyone else's preferences in music like you.

orestes
02-06-2006, 12:36 PM
lol @ blowing speakers

seasonalskier2006
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
yeah, i'll believe that. so you blew out all your speakers listening to other music? why, cuz it wasn't country? sure buddy.:rolleyes:

regardless, like vinny said one mans trash is another mans treasure, i doubt you've gained enough insight on music in your fictitious week of rap connoisseurism to discredit the whole genre full of multi platinum selling artists as talentless and deduce their music down to noise. i don't particularly like country but i don't go around shit talking everyone else's preferences in music like you.

first they blew because of extreme usage in the lower range (bass for all of you who dont know) second, i dont only listen to country, i listen to rock, punk, jazz, classical, salsa, etc. and the speakers wernt even that loud just the fact that people would rather hear really low and loud sounds than listen to the whole spectrum. second the "fictitious week" as you call it, if it is so fictious then why did i spend like 50-60 dollars on meds? I have the bills to prove it. And i dont go talking shit about peoples music, i just voice my oppinion. if you have a problem with that then please, make a stab at country. and dont go pulling all of that it sucks because either you dog dies, you girlfriend leaves you, or your truck dies. because that is the point of country! to be able to relate to it, and i doupt you can relate to any rap lyrics let alone understand em, ie:

50-cents wangsta:

we in the club doin the same old two step gorilla unit cuz they say we bucked out cuz we dont go nowhere with out our toast.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! what does toast have to do with any thing. dont get me wrong i love some buttered toast in the morning but what does toast have to do with a club and getting bucked out? hmm? also look up scientific data on how rap music effect people. if it is scientific and not some person who is voicing their oppinion (like me) you will find that they are much more aggressive, have much lower self esteem and my personal bit, cant seem to keep their pants on, but instead prefer to wear them around their knees and show off their boxers (which NO ONE wants to see). so pull your pants up, and put on a belt

vinnym86
02-06-2006, 02:51 PM
50-cents wangsta:

we in the club doin the same old two step gorilla unit cuz they say we bucked out cuz we dont go nowhere with out our toast.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! what does toast have to do with any thing. dont get me wrong i love some buttered toast in the morning but what does toast have to do with a club and getting bucked out? hmm? also look up scientific data on how rap music effect people. if it is scientific and not some person who is voicing their oppinion (like me) you will find that they are much more aggressive, have much lower self esteem and my personal bit, cant seem to keep their pants on, but instead prefer to wear them around their knees and show off their boxers (which NO ONE wants to see). so pull your pants up, and put on a belt

dude, i'd stop now, while there's still some shreds of dignity left here. We understand, you don't like rap or metal. i'm not holding that against you, no one here is. BUT, what you just said is probably the craziest bullshit i've heard since President Bush's state of the union speech.
If i were you, i'd just accept that "hey, i don't like rap, lt me just keep listening to my stuff instead of trying to find faults with the genre i don't like"
everyone loves and hates something or another. musically speaking, i hate emo. it's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. But i don't go around trying giving statistics on how people listening to this type of music will probably kill themselves. Some of my best friends love emo music, and though they don't fit the whole emo social scene, they are as mentally healthy as the next person.
so, quit bitchin.

EDIT: btw, "Toast" does not mean what you think it means, moron. if it doesn't make sense to someone with as little sense as you, you think it would be a nationwide hit? given, many people of this nation are morons, but i'm pretty sure no one talks about their breakfast at the clubs.

EDIT: wow, i just keep re-reading, and wanting to add more. so...
scientific data, you say. alright. when you stop going to the same scientists that hook you up with your crack, come talk to us. I listen to rap. Are you telling me that i'm aggressive and I have low self-esteem? I'm the most laid-back guy you'll ever know, and as far as self esteem goes, i've got enough to keep my day entertaining and eventful. Can't keep my pants on? ok, i'll give you that one, i cant. so... you gonna hate me now? cuz you know, i like girls?

EDIT: ok, last one, promise... maybe...
you should do some research on www.bcae1.com (http://www.bcae1.com) before you say why you blew your speakers out, cuz even a retarded asian pimp would tell you that you definitely don't know shit when it comes to audio.

BP2K2Max
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
And i dont go talking shit about peoples music, i just voice my oppinion. if you have a problem with that then please, make a stab at country. and dont go pulling all of that it sucks because either you dog dies, you girlfriend leaves you, or your truck dies. because that is the point of country!
first, i have nothing negative to say about country, i listen to all sorts of music, i just prefer not to listen to country, i'm not hear to make fun of other peoples preferences in music. i opened your thread, voted no and continued to read the thread. i only decided to post my opinions when i got to your comments.

50-cents wangsta:

second of all, we have some common ground in the fact that i think 50 cent sucks too. just cuz i like rap music doesn't mean i like all rap artists. i can't unerstand why you continue to make these generalized statements with no backing to them. like wtf does someone's clothing have to do with hip hop? i'm wearing khaki pants right at my hips, with a belt, and corduroy shirt, listening to tupac, who gives a shit?
statements like this:
and dont go pulling all of that it sucks because either you dog dies, you girlfriend leaves you, or your truck dies. just show me that you understand exactly how annoying it is to have someone try to shit talk about something or someone that they know nothing about and make all these stupid closed minded statements. there has to be more to country than that for it to have any fanbase, i don't get why you can't see the same for hip-hop or metal or any other music category.

also if you're gonna listen to hip hop at least know that a lot of the lyrics are slang. like toast= guns, not real toast from a toaster.

vinnym86
02-06-2006, 03:19 PM
you know, once you learn to appreciate the hip/hop urban culture, you'd appreciate hip/hop. its the same story with genre's like country. If you appreciate and understand where the music has originated from, and why it is played the way it is, you will have a much deeper appreciation for the music rather than just saying "yeah, it sounds appealing". I suggest you take your head out of your ass and experience some culture. buy a plane ticket here to NYC, walk around, get a feel for where you are when you visit times square, then astoria, queens. Then, listen to some rap that takes you back to the artist's roots, how he grew up, all that. put yourself in that position. maybe, then, just maybe, you'll appreciate it. I'm not saying you'll like it. you can go ahead and still think rap is an unappealing form of music to yourself, but you should atleast have an open mind to appreciate music, and understand why so many people like it.

EDIT: btw, read forum rules.

1. Music forum means: Discuss ALL music. Not bash certain genres/styles that you don't like. Threads of this nature will be closed on the spot. Any repeat offenders will be given notices accordingly.

2. Respect the different tastes. Do not tell another member he/she is an idiot because you don't necessarily like his/her preferences of music. Our differences make who we are, and a vast difference of musical taste will make this forum that much better and that much more enjoyable. Anyone who feels the need to start trouble will be dealt with accordingly, i.e. DON'T start trouble. It's that easy.

Millermagic
02-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I like old country. Especially old country that you can confuse with southern rock.

orestes
02-06-2006, 05:53 PM
LOL i had at least a shred of respect for u dude until you said that we dont relate to or understand rap lyrics. oh my fucking god. that was f---ing retarted. jesus h fucking christ god damn fuck. that was much more than just flat out stupid. that personally offended me. you are off the charts on the ignorance meter. RAP does not = 50 Cent!!!! IDIOT!!!

ok heres some lyrics i relate to: mac dre - lifes a bitch

"It's all about survival
but jealous rivals make it hard for us to do this
So everybody got a gun but when we was younger our only weapon was our two fists
Now who missed the first lesson in life don't be no punk
If you a man have heart be a savage whether you sober or drunk
I aint no sissy or punk so don't trip when you see me crying
A nigga just hella mad his partners is dead and his folks keep on dying
My enemys feel the same way they want me dead they think I'm the nigga
that put they partner 6 feet under and left his son with no father figure
I live day by day not giving a f**k and when they ask me why
I pause for a minute then I reply
because lifes a bitch and then you die
I got a crew full of the realest thats deep as the Pittsburgh Steelers
Retired bank robbers ex-dope dealers and adversary killers
Our mission is simple get rich and stay real nigga
So our kids can live fat better then we did when we was little niggas
Life is short you only live once and aint no telling when your leaving
So I'm going to do it all have a ball
while I'm still living and breathing
See I am a philosopher and my philosophy is this
Don't be no punk young homey if it's worth it take that risk
Anything's possible but nothings for sure
Got to take advantage of all opportunities
and get your money you know
Love those who love you but don't never let it f**k up your vision
How much love did your loved ones have when you was broke or doing time in prison
Stay on your toes don't f**k with hoes before you read them
Watch your back for them rats that set niggas up to keep they freedom
It takes 365 days for the earth to spin one time
But it only takes one minute for that guilty verdict when that snitch drops that dime"

cody_e
02-06-2006, 07:21 PM
cant seem to keep their pants on, but instead prefer to wear them around their knees and show off their boxers (which NO ONE wants to see). so pull your pants up, and put on a belt

That reminds me a of a funny story when I trimmed Christmas trees. A guy working there couldn't keep his pants up and would pull them up like every tree. Well one day my boss cut a piece of rope (my boss is the biggest country boy you'll ever meet) and told him to wear it as a belt or he was fired :D

seasonalskier2006
02-07-2006, 02:34 PM
dude, i'd stop now, while there's still some shreds of dignity left here. We understand, you don't like rap or metal. i'm not holding that against you, no one here is. BUT, what you just said is probably the craziest bullshit i've heard since President Bush's state of the union speech.
If i were you, i'd just accept that "hey, i don't like rap, lt me just keep listening to my stuff instead of trying to find faults with the genre i don't like"
everyone loves and hates something or another. musically speaking, i hate emo. it's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. But i don't go around trying giving statistics on how people listening to this type of music will probably kill themselves. Some of my best friends love emo music, and though they don't fit the whole emo social scene, they are as mentally healthy as the next person.
so, quit bitchin.

EDIT: btw, "Toast" does not mean what you think it means, moron. if it doesn't make sense to someone with as little sense as you, you think it would be a nationwide hit? given, many people of this nation are morons, but i'm pretty sure no one talks about their breakfast at the clubs.

EDIT: wow, i just keep re-reading, and wanting to add more. so...
scientific data, you say. alright. when you stop going to the same scientists that hook you up with your crack, come talk to us. I listen to rap. Are you telling me that i'm aggressive and I have low self-esteem? I'm the most laid-back guy you'll ever know, and as far as self esteem goes, i've got enough to keep my day entertaining and eventful. Can't keep my pants on? ok, i'll give you that one, i cant. so... you gonna hate me now? cuz you know, i like girls?

EDIT: ok, last one, promise... maybe...
you should do some research on www.bcae1.com (http://www.bcae1.com/) before you say why you blew your speakers out, cuz even a retarded asian pimp would tell you that you definitely don't know shit when it comes to audio.

First i am personally offended at this because: first i know at least 10 people who have DIED of od's and to say that i am on heroin is flat out insulting my physical being. do you get how much greif that statment caused me. i cant understand how you could bee so insensative of someone. I take any drug comments as one of the most offensive things you could say to me/anyother person who knows someone who od'd. Have some respect for the dead. Second, I AM AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER i probably know more about electronics than you will ever dream of knowing. Third, i do not know any slang words nor do i feel we should sink to the level of petty insults (ie: moron) Fourth, i am not trying to be like this, acutally i am a very aggreeable person, but when you immeadially attack them like you ALL did, you get them to psychologically "close up" to all other oppinions. Granted i did do this earlier and i am ashamed of it. but to gang up on one single person will put them in a defensive state of mind and will lash out. Fifth, this thread was ment to see what the general populations idea of old style country music was not so a bunch of people can come and bash on other people. and about the pants, i mean when people wear them around the knees, in public, just so you know, women dont like to see you balls when they are walking down the street, heck my girl friend told me that it is much more attractive and sexy when a guy doesnt show his balls to any random person it the street, much like guys like it when girlfriends dont go flirting with other guys. DUH.

you know, once you learn to appreciate the hip/hop urban culture, you'd appreciate hip/hop. its the same story with genre's like country. If you appreciate and understand where the music has originated from, and why it is played the way it is, you will have a much deeper appreciation for the music rather than just saying "yeah, it sounds appealing". I suggest you take your head out of your ass and experience some culture. buy a plane ticket here to NYC, walk around, get a feel for where you are when you visit times square, then astoria, queens. Then, listen to some rap that takes you back to the artist's roots, how he grew up, all that. put yourself in that position. maybe, then, just maybe, you'll appreciate it. I'm not saying you'll like it. you can go ahead and still think rap is an unappealing form of music to yourself, but you should atleast have an open mind to appreciate music, and understand why so many people like it.

in response to this if you look, i did try that and all i got was a bunch of migranes and a couple of blown speakers. And if you pull YOUR "head out of you ass" as you put it, i grew up in a suburb of detroit city, i know exactally how "hard" their life was. Learn a little about a person before you make rash comments about them.

LOL i had at least a shred of respect for u dude until you said that we dont relate to or understand rap lyrics. oh my fucking god. that was f---ing retarted. jesus h fucking christ god damn fuck. that was much more than just flat out stupid. that personally offended me. you are off the charts on the ignorance meter. RAP does not = 50 Cent!!!! IDIOT!!!

dont even get me started on this guys poor english and language. do you even have any dignity, how can you swear like that, it is horrable. thats all i have to say about that.

first, i have nothing negative to say about country, i listen to all sorts of music, i just prefer not to listen to country, i'm not hear to make fun of other peoples preferences in music. i opened your thread, voted no and continued to read the thread. i only decided to post my opinions when i got to your comments.

second of all, we have some common ground in the fact that i think 50 cent sucks too. just cuz i like rap music doesn't mean i like all rap artists. i can't unerstand why you continue to make these generalized statements with no backing to them. like wtf does someone's clothing have to do with hip hop? i'm wearing khaki pants right at my hips, with a belt, and corduroy shirt, listening to tupac, who gives a shit?
statements like this:
just show me that you understand exactly how annoying it is to have someone try to shit talk about something or someone that they know nothing about and make all these stupid closed minded statements. there has to be more to country than that for it to have any fanbase, i don't get why you can't see the same for hip-hop or metal or any other music category.

also if you're gonna listen to hip hop at least know that a lot of the lyrics are slang. like toast= guns, not real toast from a toaster.

first i was just using an example on the song by 50 cent, and i am not saying that everyone who listens to rap wears their pants at the knees, i am saying that the MAJORITY does, just like the generalized population of the country audience, with the cowboy hats, cowboy boots, etc. and i do see that their is more to every music category as you put it, that is why i will try everything for at least a week, so i can see the whole picture and not just one part, when i listened to rap/r&b i probably listened to over 100 artists and only one or two semi appealed to me. And the last thing i want to say about this is that i am not here to bash anyone others music either, this whole thing started because i jokingly responded to a post stating "yah rap and heavy metal suck" or something to that effect. and a side thought, did you feel a need to reply out of anger or out of a want to join the conversation (just to know for my psychology class).

That reminds me a of a funny story when I trimmed Christmas trees. A guy working there couldn't keep his pants up and would pull them up like every tree. Well one day my boss cut a piece of rope (my boss is the biggest country boy you'll ever meet) and told him to wear it as a belt or he was fired :D

Really? that is halarious, i wish everyone is like you boss! That is so sweet. What happened? (after that inncodent)

orestes
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM

as long as you realize how stupid that statement was

driftinggrifter2
02-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I find it funny that you get offened when people say certain things concerning drugs or country but yet your relentless when it comes to others likes and dislikes. You don't like rap well thats good for you but if you don't like it for the reasons you said before than you are listining to the wrong stuff. Also rap didn't blow your speakers you blew your speakers. Your a electrical engineer yet you didn't realize or have the common sense to turn your bass down on your radio. You had friends od and all well sorry bout that but quit takin shit so serious. My daughters mother abandoned her and me for heroin and crack yet I don't get offended. You are still being a hypocrite. So you listened to the stuff for a week and yet you probably didn't get the meaning to alot of the songs cuz you were being closeminded which is why you don't like it. Oh its all gangsta wanna kill the police and blah blah blah. You don't like rap and metal and others don't like country get over it and grow up.

orestes
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
and how stupid it was to go after my spelling and swearing, while you have proved to be a worse speller and still use the F-word.

edit: yeah and agree with dude above...the H-bomb has been thrown around, and i have to agree.

edit #2: And if i ran an electrical engineering company i would for damn sure not hire you. i dont even have that good of computer speakers, they were like $25 for a surround sound (supposedly) Altec Lansings, but i can have the subwoofer on max and turn them up in my room to hear throughout the house and they hold up fine. The way you blew your set up, I bet theres some classical compositions that would have turned them into dust.

driftinggrifter2
02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
For the record I listen to metal, classic rock, rap, old school hip hop, southern rock, and a little country and my pants hang on my ass to with a belt on and all.

orestes
02-07-2006, 03:32 PM
same as above^ except for adding in techno (trance or goa only), jazz, big band (really only Buddy Rich stuff but i will count it), classical guitar (Flamenco, spanish, and others), reggae, dub, dancehall,and indian music. and my pants fit.

but i do wear a hat sometimes, and gasp, its for a sports team, and it might even be sitting at an angle!

Ztrain
02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Some of Rocks founding Father's(Allman Bros,MTB,Blackfoot,CCR,Skynyrd,Elvin Bishop,Outlaws,Wet Willie,Molly Hatchet)would be played on country stations today if they were current(actually Skynyrd is current).To me that's frightening-but it's reality.

Country has mutated into "pop" music.If it didn't-it would have died years ago.Toby Keith,Brooks & Dunn,Montgomery Gentry &Garth Brooks are just a few responsible.

As good as Johnny Cash was,if he was coming up today-he wouldn't make it.

There must be something to it as Toby Keith toured with Nugent.:grinno:

Montgomery Gentry has covered AB tunes on their CD-showing their roots.

And no country artist getting top100 play is talking about"niggers" in their songs.

And you can't spell crap without rap.:rofl:

seasonalskier2006
02-07-2006, 03:51 PM
and how stupid it was to go after my spelling and swearing, while you have proved to be a worse speller and still use the F-word.

edit: yeah and agree with dude above...the H-bomb has been thrown around, and i have to agree.

edit #2: And if i ran an electrical engineering company i would for damn sure not hire you. i dont even have that good of computer speakers, they were like $25 for a surround sound (supposedly) Altec Lansings, but i can have the subwoofer on max and turn them up in my room to hear throughout the house and they hold up fine. The way you blew your set up, I bet theres some classical compositions that would have turned them into dust.

two things about this: First i was very angry at the world on that perticular day that i swore, and i know i am not a good speller, i never said i was, nor did i insult your spelling i simply said that the use of that language and GRAMMER, not spelling, was totally uncalled for. Second that is why racists arnt alowed to run companys.

orestes
02-07-2006, 03:54 PM
racist? LOL. i thought you were white...

cody_e
02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Really? that is halarious, i wish everyone is like you boss! That is so sweet. What happened? (after that inncodent)

The kid used the rope as a belt and trimmed the Christmas trees :D

vinnym86
02-07-2006, 04:29 PM
dude, you took a drug reference that personally? if that's the case, go get some help. that's not even an attack, i'm serious. dude, a friend of mine has ODed on H and died, and trust me, i respect the dead. if you take every drug reference personally, good luck living life, buddy, cuz you turn on the tv and you'll see it ever other second. it seems you've got a problem accepting that loss, so like i said, get help, and get over it. don't take offense unless it was directed to you, otherwise, let the rest of the world talk the way they want.

Also, even if you were an EE, it wouldn't make a difference in thinking higher of your intelegence if you said that rap blew your speakers.

Last: This argument is pointless. you've made the point clear that you're unwilling to change your personal prejudice toward certain genre's of music, despite being 'an agreeable guy', and, you've made a point that you get pissed off too easily. I'll simply restate what i had posted first, as to end my argument on this stupid thread: One man's trash is another man's treasure. Your "noise" is obviously others' music. now...stfu!

and mods, for god's sake lock this damn thread!

driftinggrifter2
02-07-2006, 05:06 PM
And you can't spell crap without rap.:rofl:

You know I agreed with most of your points but this one is one of the oldest and most retarded things I keep hearing. Whats funny is it's always 10-13 yr olds that keep saying that.:shakehead Sorry if thats knockin on ya.

How is Orestes a racist? Because you (engineer) couldn't figure out how to keep you'r speakers from blowing and that being the reason why he wouldn't hire you? Truthfully you must of had some of the worst speakers man could make cuz it takes alot for me to blow any pair of speakers factory or otherwise.

orestes
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
lol THATS WHAT IM SAYIN HOW AM I RACIST!!! LOL

seasonalskier2006
02-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Because you (engineer) couldn't figure out how to keep you'r speakers from blowing and that being the reason why he wouldn't hire you?

How should i have known that that would have been a problem? I can not see the future, can you? If so please tell me where my life is going because i would really like to know.

BNaylor
02-08-2006, 10:37 AM

When you get older country music sorts of grows on you. I really don't know why, however, I never forget about my roots which is rock n roll.

But George Strait rocks!

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

driftinggrifter2
02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
How should i have known that that would have been a problem? I can not see the future, can you? If so please tell me where my life is going because i would really like to know.

Well it isn't exactly hard to figure out if your speakers cant handle the bass.
You can tell by the sound that they make while playing. If it starts to sound like shit you either turn down the volume or the bass. And one more thing though, if you have such a problem with the music even during your trial period why would you have it up loud enough to blow them? If it was so terrible to listen to I couldn't imagine it being that loud in the first place maybe just loud enough to hear it.
It took me about 3 months to blow my factory speakers with the bass turned all the way up and bumping music with heavy bass lines.
Also please don't stereotype people by the way they dress not everyone can wear their pants the way you do nor are they expected to. Like I said before I listen to a bit of everything but dominatly metal/alternative and my pants sag on my buttocks. It's not just thugs that do it. Please for the love of god don't take remarks to serious here whether its about drugs or whatever I had a abandining wife and lost to friends(od) to drugs and I still make jokes about them. If you take things that serious then your not going to fit in to well here, so just lightin up alittle :iceslolan

orestes
02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
rofl at this madness. where did you get your electrical engineering degree? the dominican republic? just a send in $50 by mail and then they send you back the degree type of deal?? i really dont know how to describe it any better than driftinggrifter did, but, you KNOW if speakers are past their capabilities, and then you mess w/ the EQ....or just turn it down...i just cant picture how you would be sitting there listening to music - that you dont even like - loud enough and for long enough to blow speakers...

seasonalskier2006
02-09-2006, 11:51 AM
i have an idea, if you dont like what i am saying GO AWAY!

Add your comment to this topic!