Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Country music

Pages : 1 [2]

driftinggrifter2
02-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I got a feeling if you get any more pissed then your wranglers are going to explode. Dude chill out and lighten up.
Now alittle bit off topic how do you like Charlie Daniels Band? Just curious on your take on it. I had a few pure country folk argue whether he was country or not as well so I just want to know your take on him.

seasonalskier2006
02-10-2006, 07:33 AM
lets take a look at who is the hypocrite here:

Also please don't stereotype people by the way they dress

I got a feeling if you get any more pissed then your wranglers are going to explode.

hmm.. and i am the hypocrite? :nono: um...no my friend you are

'97ventureowner
02-10-2006, 01:14 PM
When you get older country music sorts of grows on you. I really don't know why, however, I never forget about my roots which is rock n roll.

But George Strait rocks!
One easy answer to that would be as you get older, you can relate more to the messages that some of the country music portrays.

cody_e
02-10-2006, 02:02 PM
One easy answer to that would be as you get older, you can relate more to the messages that some of the country music portrays.
Well I'm 16 and can relate well to country but then again that's just me :D

driftinggrifter2
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Dude take a joke. I for one will admit i am a hypocrite, everyone is whether they like to admit it or not. I know I am therefore i don't deny it. Secondly if I was trying to get you all rowd up then I wouldn't have asked your opinion on Charlie Daniels. Now if you would care to make a comment on them then fine.
If you can't take jokes and you take everything so serious then you are going to probably not like it here simply because of the content that some of us make jokes about.

longlivetheZ
02-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Dude take a joke. I for one will admit i am a hypocrite, everyone is whether they like to admit it or not. I know I am therefore i don't deny it. Secondly if I was trying to get you all rowd up then I wouldn't have asked your opinion on Charlie Daniels. Now if you would care to make a comment on them then fine.
If you can't take jokes and you take everything so serious then you are going to probably not like it here simply because of the content that some of us make jokes about.

Everyone is a hypocrite about something or another to some degree or another.

vinnym86
02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
it was alright to post a poll to see who here on AF likes country, but looking at all this, seasonalskier has breached the guidelines of the music forum (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=295782) by blatently and blindly bashing other genre's of music, and from there, as turned this thread into a fucking firing range of stupid and useless accusations of hypocracy and racism. i could just ignore this thread, but i figured i'll post this to hopefully stop the senseless bickering. seasonalskier, for the love of god, just don't fuckin' bash music on this subforum again. like i said, one man's trash is another man's treasure. there's no need to exploit your ignorance to the music community. if you don't like it, fine, we won't complain so as long as you dont.

Millermagic
02-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I got a feeling if you get any more pissed then your wranglers are going to explode. Dude chill out and lighten up.
Now alittle bit off topic how do you like Charlie Daniels Band? Just curious on your take on it. I had a few pure country folk argue whether he was country or not as well so I just want to know your take on him.

You weren't asking me, but Charlie Daniels is country. Country and Southern Rock.

Southern rock is great.

cody_e
02-12-2006, 09:36 PM
I have Waylon on right now and probably going to listen to some CDB soon enough.

driftinggrifter2
02-13-2006, 03:22 PM
You weren't asking me, but Charlie Daniels is country. Country and Southern Rock.

Southern rock is great.

Thats what I said to a few country buffs but they said they were more southern rock and not country

Ztrain
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
CDB is one of the bands i forgot in my earlier post.Sorry, but in country circles,when you want the hottest fiddle player on the planet-you call Charlie.:evillol:

Although technically "Southern Rock",CDB was never guitar driven like ABB,Molly,Outlaws,Skynyrd,Blackfoot & MTB.They had a"country"feel" to them from the beginning.Ballad of the "Uneasy Rider" would ba a prime example.

I'm not a BIG fan of the fiddle-but i saw charlie once.HOLY $HIT can that boy play!:eek2:

03CavyMan
02-14-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't mind country! Whenever there's no good tunes on the rock station, country will be on!

seasonalskier2006
02-19-2006, 08:25 PM
i completly agree on the carlie daniels! he is probably the best fiddle player this world has ever known. and "Devil Went Down to Georgia" was just amazing!

FlippiN.af
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I picked No. I don't really like Country music but I don't mind listening to it for a bit.

cody_e
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Is it me or is CW McCall awesome?

Officer Redneck
03-27-2006, 01:40 AM
I saw Charlie Daniels live once and he went through 7 bow's during that song. You couldn't even see his arm. It was just one big blur!!

Add your comment to this topic!