Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What do the gauges mean??

04rodeogirl
02-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I have a 04 Rodeo, and have only had it 3 months. I went and took it to get the oil changed yesterday on my way to work. When I left work to go home last night, when I turned the truck on, there was a light that stayed on on my dashboard. It is to the right of the 4x4 lights, under the shifter lights. It is a orange horseshoe with an exclimation mark in the middle. WHAT DOES IT MEAN??????????? HELP!! As soon as I realized that it wasn't gonna go off I pulled out my handy dandy owners manual... But it isn't even listed in there.. It only shows the 2 4x4 lights right next to the one that I am concerned about. :banghead:
Any help would be appreciated!!

Steffanie

Ramblin Fever
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I have the older Rodeo, so I'm not 100% sure, I don't have a light similar to that, or perhaps I've just never seen it.

First off, DO NOT restart that engine and call your local Isuzu Service department and ask them what that light is; if it is your low oil level light, immediately contact the shop you had the oil changed at and hold them completely accountable.

If it's low enough on oil to cause that light to go on (if it IS in fact your oil low light) then it WOULD be low enough to cause serious engine damage.

Unfortunately, if it's their error, the warranty will not cover you, you'll have to work with the shop. And, I got to tell you, if that is the reason for the light, make absolute certain you get that shop to cover any mishaps that may happen as a result of low oil level.

For your own peace of mind, I highly recommend that you learn or find a friend to change your oil in the future.

I have had my Rodeo for 9yrs, and only 6 times have I allowed a place, i.e. Goodyear, Big O Tire, Firestone, to change my oil - all 6 times either the filter was too loose, too much oil, 8 qts versus 6 qts, was put in, the drainpan bolt was BARELY threaded in, or they dumped oil all over the engine bay.

I have come to settle on the fact that even if it's DARN cold outside, I am NOT allowing another shop to ever change the oil on this truck.

I hope that's not what it is, but let us know.

thebonjo
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
I know that some of the newest Rodeos ('03-04) there is an option for a tire pressure monitor, if the pressure is too low (or maybe high) it will cause a light to go on in the dash. There are little devices on the tire stems with a battery that sends a signal remotely to a receiver. I've heard that they are actually a pain in the neck because people have a hard time getting the pressure perfect and getting the light to go off. There is also no way of determining which tire is the culprit. Did the oil change place put air in the tires? If so they may have overinfalted them causing triggering the light. That would be my guess since it doesn't sound like an oil light and my '99 doesn't have any light like that.

04rodeogirl
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Well I called Isuzu before I had to leave for work and it IS a tire pressue gauge. WHEEW!! So I went back to the place I had the oil changed bc they had said that they were going to check the tire pressure. The had not put enough air in the tires... They were going by the tire pressure on the door and not by the tires (and the tires are NOT the orig that came on the Rodeo).. Thank you guys for all your help and info!!

Add your comment to this topic!