My horn does not work

sbebjb
01-31-2006, 09:47 PM
I was wondering, my horn does not work. When I press on the steering wheel, I hear a CLICK but nothing. :banghead: I was told that there could be a chance that the horn could be replaced and someone else stated that the whole airbag part will need to be replaced. I am not sure who to believe. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and if so, how much would either one cost and if I really do need to replace the airbag.

DFBonnett
02-01-2006, 10:25 AM
I was wondering, my horn does not work. When I press on the steering wheel, I hear a CLICK but nothing. :banghead: I was told that there could be a chance that the horn could be replaced and someone else stated that the whole airbag part will need to be replaced. I am not sure who to believe. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and if so, how much would either one cost and if I really do need to replace the airbag.

The click you hear is probably the horn relay. It may be defective or the horn itself may be defective or the connector faulty. Find the horn then check for voltage at the horn as a helper honks the horn.

Add your comment to this topic!