Battery Change 97 Mitsubishi Mirage LS

sbebjb
01-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Today my battery died, somone tried to give me a jump, but it wouldn't turn on, it made a whistle sound when I tried to turn the car on, so I gave up and purchased a new battery. When my brother changed it, the battery had alot of this white powdered stuff on it, so we cleaned the cables as best as we could and installed the new battery. Well the car started :p , but when I started to drive off I noticed the radio, lights, speedometer, power locks or AC were not working. :mad:

When I got home, we checked the fuses but all were good. Then when I turned on the car, the front lights worked and the radio, but everything else was still the same. Even the windshield wipers were working very slow. Can someone tell me what is could be wrong, do I need to reset something or do I have to take off the battery and reinstall it again. Please help.:shakehead

evoryda
01-31-2006, 10:47 PM
go back and exchange it, tell the its giving you trouble and you want one with higher amps(more power) that may solve the problem. parts places are bad for given smaller batterys, they gave me one and i took it back after it move enough in the battery box to ground the positive terminal, and they took it back HALF MELTED, it looked sad, what idiots:shakehead

Add your comment to this topic!