Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New AMT Kit announcements, (and a few surprises)

gasman03
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
A767 - “Fast & Furious 3” - ’67 Mustang 2 in 1 (includes stock parts), Jul - 11.95
A768 - “Fast & Furious 3” - ’70 Monte Carlo 2 in 1 (includes stock parts), Jul - 11.95
A769 - “Fast & Furious 3” - Nissan 350Z (new tool), Jul - 11.95
A770 - “Fast & Furious 3” - Lancer Evolution VIII (new tool), Jul - 11.95
A771 - “Fast & Furious 3” - Veilside Toyota Supra 2 in 1, Jun - 11.95
A772 - ’50 Ford Conv, 3 in 1, Aug - 10.95
A773 - ’63˝ Ford Galaxie Hardtop, Nov - 10.95
A774 - ’66 Buick Wildcat, Oct - 10.95
A775 - ’71 Plymouth Duster, Sept - 10.95
A776 - ’76 Chevy Caprice with Trailer, Aug - 10.95
A777 - ’06 Camaro Concept Car (new tool), Aug - 10.95
A778 - “Rat Packer” ’65 Nova Funny Car, Oct - 10.95
A779 - “Silhouette” show car with trailer, July - 10.95
A780 - International Payhauler Dump Truck, Oct - 26.95

wow, some cool stuff, guessing the US Spec. Evo and the 350Z are going to be full detail. and if there one par with the current new AMT kits, (The Escallade and the 300C) i'll be happy. as they are decent kits. but anything is better then the junk Fujimi calls there Evo's. but the 350Z has to be good, simce Tamiya already has a fantastic one. (a Nismo body kit will be awsome if it was in the kit) and just as I suspected, The Aoshima Vielside Supra will be in an AMT box, at 1/4 the price

The 06 Camaro is a pleasent surprise. I was'nt expecting to see one until it was made available to the public in 08-09.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Some good stuff if they don't screw it up royally. I wonder how modified the 350Z and Evo will be, and if they'll have full engine detail. Time will tell.

Did you read that they may have mixed up valve covers and perhaps more of the engines between the Escalade and 300C? Not to mention the HUG boxart fiasco.

Some good reissues as well.

The only kit I'm really psyched about is the Camaro concept. I really hope they do it right.

digitalbanzai
01-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Cool releases, but since it's AMT, i'm not going to get my hopes up about quality.

blubaja
01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
FnF3 kits..hahah!!! so expected from them though. They should be full detail. That doesn't mean stock tho:( I can see it now...APC city. Why doesn't AMT just make a Pepboys line of models. I'm sure the kids would love that. Then their horribly fake looking CF decals would look soo accurate:rolleyes:

It's nice to see the model companies doing some concept cars once agian. It seems Maisto had taken over for a while. Anyway...all these new kits announcements seem nice, Revell and AMT. But I wanna see the new tools.

gasman03
02-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Some good stuff if they don't screw it up royally. I wonder how modified the 350Z and Evo will be, and if they'll have full engine detail. Time will tell.

Did you read that they may have mixed up valve covers and perhaps more of the engines between the Escalade and 300C? Not to mention the HUG boxart fiasco.

Some good reissues as well.

The only kit I'm really psyched about is the Camaro concept. I really hope they do it right.

from what I understand, the problem with the 300C is that the headers are attached to the block as according to the instructions, on the real car, the headers attach to the cylinder heads. a minor problem as compared to the block of plastic that came in the AMT Eclipse kit, the rest of the 300C kit looks nice. alll details look decent, especially the interior. which looks perfect. The 300C should be on the shelves this week.

now the HUG box, that may be the biggest screw up in AMT's history. over the past few years they've been know to throw stuff on the box cover that is'nt in the kit, like the 68 Road Runner a few years ago that they had a pro street car on the box. the 76 Dusters thats actually a 75 Dart. the 66 Nova where they show the stock car on the box and has the pro street in the box. I'm thinking AMT wanted to use original box art which is a great idea. but they had one problem. when the Hemi Under Glass was originally issued. the boxes where smaller. and they would've had to change there entire assemble line for the change. and AMT did'nt want to do that, prohibably becouse Wal-Mart did'nt want the small box on there shelves. they same problem faced the 61 Ranchero, they wanted to use original box art. but they boxes where to small so they used the box art from the 90's issue

Vric
02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
What ? there will be a Fast & Furious 3 ? Geez the second one s*cked so badly...

Anyway, as usual with "modern" car from AMT, it will probably be very mad molding.

evo8owner
02-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I Would Expect The FnF3 Kits To Be More Of A Drift Style
Being As Drifting Is The Only Import Trend That Holywood
Has'nt Cashed In On Yet!(roflol):rofl:

amusegt1
02-01-2006, 11:24 PM
ill be looking forward to the fatf3 kits!

freakmech
02-02-2006, 12:06 AM
What ? there will be a Fast & Furious 3 ? Geez the second one s*cked so badly...

Anyway, as usual with "modern" car from AMT, it will probably be very mad molding.

And the first F&F didnt suck??????? They all suck, plotless eye candy..... Cars didnt even look good to me, do i smell burnt rice.... uh oh better get to the kitchen. :tongue:

Vric
02-02-2006, 07:25 AM
And the first F&F didnt suck??????? They all suck, plotless eye candy..... Cars didnt even look good to me, do i smell burnt rice.... uh oh better get to the kitchen. :tongue:
Yea, even the supra, which is okish, do suck.
I'm just frustrated with AMT. I was working on one this week, and finally saw the body didn't fit the frame. I would have to make major modification, but of curse, everything is already painted and polished.. Back in the box and I won't open it again anytime soon.
Sometime they don't worth their money, even if there are cheap.

Stickz
02-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes the 76' Caprice is coming back. I'll have glasshouses for days.

Purpura Delujo
02-13-2006, 02:29 AM
whoopdee do more fast and furious crap. the only good thing about that movie was when vinny said he didnt drive the charger because it scares the crap out of him... guess he got too used to turbo lag

Add your comment to this topic!